“Seafood Atmosphere and Bread”
Review of The Fish Market

The Fish Market
Reserve with OpenTable
The Fish Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #53 of 4,773 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Broadway/Pacific Highway
Transit: Metropolitan Transit System busses stop right at the entrance of our parking lot on North Harbor Drive
Description: Our flagship restaurant since 1989, this waterfront landmark in downtown San Diego is recognized as the premier destination for seafood and San Diego bay views. Our downstairs restaurant offers casual dining, and features a comfortable oyster bar and cocktail bar, as well as a first-rate sushi bar. The second story Top of the Market lets you enjoy views from Point Loma to the Coronado Bridge in a fine-dining setting.
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“Seafood Atmosphere and Bread”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Couldn't get enough of the great seafood, excellent crab & artichoke dip and bread. Yum! Ate outside on the deck to enjoy the boating activities while marveling at the meal.

Visited June 2013

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Spring, Texas, United States
“Great Choice for Tourist”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

If you are looking for fresh seafood and really taking in San Diego this is the place for you. The food was very good and the portions were great. Try the SCALLOP TOSTADITA which is a great appetizer for two. I recommend the PACIFIC CABRILLA SEABASS is was grilled and fresh!
You can't beat the view of the Harbor! Can't wait to go back. FYI: meter parking before 6pm, but the hostess will give you change.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“We Were Pleased”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Our family enjoyed our visit here. The service was excellent, the food very good, and the view wonderful. I would definitely recommend this restaurant. Parking in the lot after 6 was free.

• Visited June 2013
“Absolute fantastic food and service.”
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Absolute fantastic food and service. Beautiful view over the water. Big portions, fresh and delicious. Big choice. Friendly staff.

Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“I really wanted to like it.”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Let me start by saying I am originally from Boston so seafood runs through my veins. When we saw the great review on Trip Advisor we thought we would give it a try. We arrived on a busy Friday night to find no metered parking available. No bigee, I'm on vacation, so we had valet park it.

We did not have to wait for a table since we chose to have a seat without a view.

I started with a bowl of clam chowder. While creamy, it lacked any real clam flavor and needed salt and seasoning. My wife had a blue cheese chopped salad that was delicious.

Under the fresh fish for the evening was something labeled as "California Sea Bass". If you've ever had real sea bass you know that the flavor and texture is second to none. When I asked the waiter if it was similar he said "oh yes very similar". Well you can guess where this is going..the "California Sea Bass" was nothing like the real sea bass. The fish was dense and more of a steak than a filet. Very disappointing when you are dropping $25 on an entree. My wife had the mussels steamed in garlic in butter and they were melt in your mouth delicious. The sides were just OK. Cole slaw was vinegar based and the Au Gratin potatoes needed seasoning. The kids had the fried shrimp, which were sweet and panko breaded..very good.

I have to say their tarter sauce ranks as one of my top 3 favorites ever. It was creamy with just the right amount of seasoning and a touch of dijon. Delicious.

Service was so so.

Will I be back? Yes..I just won't order the "California Sea Bass". Hoping for a better experience in the future.

1 Thank justcrusin

Been to The Fish Market? Share your experiences!