“A bit disappointing” 3 of 5 stars

Extraordinary Desserts
Ranked #8 of 127 Dessert in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Gluten Free
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
San Diego, California
“A bit disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

If my taste buds were in my eyes this place would be off the charts. No doubt about it these desserts are showstoppers but when it comes to taste there is something lacking. I've been here twice (shared several desserts with friends) thinking that I just hadn't found the right dessert but I keep walking away feeling robbed of a satisfying indulgence. The cake is dry and the favor is not as robust as you'd expect. On those rare occasions when you allow yourself to throw caution to the wind and really dive into a decadent dessert I'd look elsewhere. There are a lot more options that will make both your taste buds and your wallet happy.

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Wrexham, United Kingdom
“Very good gluten free desserts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

This place was amazing to look at. The counter was full of wonderful concoctions all beautifully preserved with edible flower petals & even gold leaf. The cakes themselves looked so good as well.

My wife and I are gluten intolerant so it was refreshing that there were about 6 options we could have. As a group we all ordered these so we could all share and they were very good. A little too sickly sweet for my palate overall but I still enjoyed them. Everyone else loved them. I would recommend a scoop of ice cream to tone it down which one person in our group did & in my opinion heightened the experience greatly. Having said that they were very good & I wish there were a shop doing as good gluten free desserts near where I live!

Atlanta
“Exquisite Desserts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Went here kinda late one night and thrilled they were open. Had the most divine chocolate cake with white chocolate sauce. It was moist and truly divine! I think this is a great place for a night cap:)

Visited May 2013
Wasilla, Alaska
“Best Desserts Out There!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Oh my this was wonderful. We were on vacation in California and I read about this place. I loved the selection and I believe it was the best place I have ever been to for desserts and the best desserts I have ever had! The only thing I wish is that they shipped their cakes out of state because I would already be ordering one or two! If you love desserts you must go!

Austin, Texas
“Sugar heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We went to the store on 5th Ave and had such a great experience we went back again. The store was cute and the cashier was super-friendly - that made a big difference in a first impression to see such beautiful desserts AND have such a friendly person greet us.

It was definitely eye candy to look at all the desserts in the case. The cashier told us we were there during "Happy Hour" and could get a dessert and coffee for $10. Heck, yeah, we splurged and got TWO happy hour orders. The presentation was gorgeous. I got a banana and whipped cream dessert (sorry, can't recall name), and my husband got some type of cheesecake. We weren't able to finish our desserts. I really wanted to try the ricotta cakes and planned to when I came back, but, understandably, they change the menu daily. We split a tres leches on our next visit. It was tasty, but a bit sweet for me. My husband got a brownie to go. Talk about chocolate OD in the best kind of way!

I looked at the cake menu and saw so many yummy descriptions. My vacation, however, came to an end (and my waistline was no doubt grateful for this!).

I'd wholeheartedly recommend going at least once on your visit.