“Shangri-La”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I am well traveled, and this is the best dessert place in the United States. My wonderful aunt purchased our wedding cake here in 2008, and our friends and family are still raving about how we had the best wedding cake ever!! If you want to make someone feel like royalty, this is the best birthday gift you could possibly get.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Splurge on the treats, and it is still less than a full fancy meal. The store is itself a treat for the eyes, noveau industrial with super cool doors and low key ambiance. The displays show baked goods that please the eye and the palate. We enjoyed the strudel and danish, and the service was good. We were at an off hour and had no waiting. Fun and recommended.

Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

The display case at rhe Union street location is a site to be seen. Every customer squeezes in to the front of the cases to stare mouth open drooling stare and take pictures. They are masterpieces. I have tried several of the cakes and I would say they are above average but not memorable. Yet I go back tine and again, because if the presentation and atmosphere. It is a fun place. Remember to ask for rhe sauce to top of your cake if you order it to go.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Great desserts and loved the ambiance. We were visiting for two days in San Diego and were told this was a must stop. I'll pass on the great advice! Nice walk from the busier area of Hillcrest and really enjoyed eating outside.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I take it back. Don't go there. You might die of Heaven and then you'd blame me. SERIOUSLY beautiful and heavenly selections from the Dessert Food Group.