“Don't Miss Breakfast Place”
Review of Crest Cafe

Crest Cafe
Ranked #278 of 5,675 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Crest Cafe is proud to be a locally owned business in San Diego, California and a long time staple of the Hillcrest area! Our family restaurant is open 7 - midnight 365 days a year and is perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, drinks or dessert. We have been in business for over 30 years and are proud to have been featured on the Food Network! We are great for customers looking for a fast bite to eat as well as customers looking to enjoy the comfort of our space. We serve beer, wine, champagne, mimosas, and coffee. We cater and also offer online ordering and delivery. Stop in for daily food deals during the week! We validate all parking on 6th Ave for our customers.
Reviewed March 7, 2019

Two of us had breakfast here. my Wife had the Orange Marmalade French Toast and I had the Raspberry Ricotta French Toast. Both were excellent and delicious. I was told that the Orange Marmalade French Toast was "good enough to make your brains fall out"!! We also had a side of bacon, which was very good.

Our server was Faustino. He was very personable and efficient. Although he was very busy he did take time to talk to us. He make a terrific cup of coffee as well.

I am sorry this was our last day in San Diego. If we were staying longer, we would be back every day.

Date of visit: March 2019

Reviewed February 21, 2019

Food was excellent, service was a bit slow, but that was okay, we got to sit and enjoy and didn't feel rushed at all in this 'diner'. Creme brulee french toast was really good and not as rich and feeling as I thought it would be, just the perfect amount of food. Family of 5 with picky eaters and it was easy to find food and it was all good. Would go back for sure. Price is on the higher side but felt it was worth the value.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed February 20, 2019 via mobile

I had the French toast and my friend had the butter burger. He raved about the burger. My French toast was very good, though nothing as extraordinary as you’d think from the title. Still, pretty cool place with solid food.

Date of visit: February 2019
Reviewed January 23, 2019

We love the lunches at this Hillcrest establishment. The burgers are always good and the onion loaf is not-to-be-missed. We've tried their breakfasts on one occasion and were not impressed. My advice is to stick to lunch here.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed October 21, 2018

We stopped here pretty late, it was just after 11, and they closed at 12AM. Despite the time, we felt welcome and wee bit rushed! The server recommended the Pastrimi Rueban, and it was absolutely delicious!

Date of visit: October 2018