“the kids love this place”
Review of Corvette Diner

Corvette Diner
Ranked #75 of 4,834 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner
Description: Rock n' Roll, burgers and shakes rule at the Corvette Diner! A '50s throw-back, with sassy waitresses in poodle skirts and bouffant hair-dos. It's more than just a place to eat, it's a destination.
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We love bringing the kids here for birthdays or if we are just in the area. Fun atmosphere and good food. When all of the staff dances it's the best. Their food tastes great but I get the tuna melt and every time it is cold, once I even told the waitress to just microwave it so it's warm...she didn't, of course I keep getting it, it's still good, just not warm.

There are newer reviews for Corvette Diner

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Went here tonight and loved it!!! It was so fun. The servers sang and danced and the decor was so cool to look at. Everything we tried was really good also. Will definitely come here each time We visit San Diego!

Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

We make this a part of our San Diego trip every time we go. The wait is a bit long, but at least they have an arcade attached so the time goes by quick (so can the money). The wait is worth it though. The food is great and "over the top", great Oldies music (too loud to have a serious conversation, but just right for a boisterous get together), and on the weekends theyll have a balloon guy making fun hats for the kids.

Ive been coming off and on for the past 18 years, and it still pleases.

1  Thank Cameron N
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I go to the Corvette Diner every time I am in San Diego visiting family, sometimes more than once a trip! I have always loved their food and service and the atmosphere is great! I went for my birthday this year and they bring you a sundae and sing for you. If you have long hair, regardless of age, they put it up using big red straws...very fun!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

By all means, if you want to go to a fun filled, loud, family restaurant, get to the Corvette Diner in San Diego. This is a retro, 50s diner with good food, a great entertaining atmosphere, and outgoing waiters and waitress who just don't serve you, they dance together to 50s music. In fact, there is a DJ spinning 50s and 60s music who also takes requests. You can get up and dance by yourself or with the staff while you are eating...sounds crazy and it is! And the food is GREAT! Being a vegetarian, I had a delicious greek salad ($9.99) but I could have ordered any of their numerous burgers with a vegetarian black bean burger. All burgers and sandwiches come with french fries but you can get a side salad instead if you prefer. They have an extensive menu...salads, sandwiches, burgers, entrees, apps, etc. And a great kids menu. Speaking of kids, young and old, they also specialize in old fashioned sodas and shakes...you might as well just order one of their many, many, flavors because they are good. They also come in kids sizes, also. After you eat, take your kids to their game room...lots of games and lots of fun. This is a noisy place but the food, atmosphere, and total experience is worth the racket. And don't worry about the prices...they are reasonable. Great time had by my whole family.

1  Thank Ann1948