“Worth the Wait”

Ranked #72 of 4,960 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner
Description: Rock n' Roll, burgers and shakes rule at the Corvette Diner! A '50s throw-back, with sassy waitresses in poodle skirts and bouffant hair-dos. It's more than just a place to eat, it's a destination.
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

We make this a part of our San Diego trip every time we go. The wait is a bit long, but at least they have an arcade attached so the time goes by quick (so can the money). The wait is worth it though. The food is great and "over the top", great Oldies music (too loud to have a serious conversation, but just right for a boisterous get together), and on the weekends theyll have a balloon guy making fun hats for the kids.

Ive been coming off and on for the past 18 years, and it still pleases.

1  Thank Cameron N

Reviewed July 24, 2014

I go to the Corvette Diner every time I am in San Diego visiting family, sometimes more than once a trip! I have always loved their food and service and the atmosphere is great! I went for my birthday this year and they bring you a sundae and sing for you. If you have long hair, regardless of age, they put it up using big red straws...very fun!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

By all means, if you want to go to a fun filled, loud, family restaurant, get to the Corvette Diner in San Diego. This is a retro, 50s diner with good food, a great entertaining atmosphere, and outgoing waiters and waitress who just don't serve you, they dance together to 50s music. In fact, there is a DJ spinning 50s and 60s music who also takes requests. You can get up and dance by yourself or with the staff while you are eating...sounds crazy and it is! And the food is GREAT! Being a vegetarian, I had a delicious greek salad ($9.99) but I could have ordered any of their numerous burgers with a vegetarian black bean burger. All burgers and sandwiches come with french fries but you can get a side salad instead if you prefer. They have an extensive menu...salads, sandwiches, burgers, entrees, apps, etc. And a great kids menu. Speaking of kids, young and old, they also specialize in old fashioned sodas and shakes...you might as well just order one of their many, many, flavors because they are good. They also come in kids sizes, also. After you eat, take your kids to their game room...lots of games and lots of fun. This is a noisy place but the food, atmosphere, and total experience is worth the racket. And don't worry about the prices...they are reasonable. Great time had by my whole family.

1  Thank Ann1948
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Our family was in the San Diego area on vacation last week and I had read about this place!! So glad I did......Loved the entire experience...our waitress CHA CHA was awesome, the food was excellent, love the retro decor!! Would love to have one of these back in Texas!!

Reviewed July 12, 2014

This place is AMAZZZZING! Food was delish! I had the Pastrami sandwich, and it was so yummy... I want some more now as I am typing about it! All the plates were huge! Place is LOUD and fun! Waitress was super sweet and outgoing! This place is super retro! Great for kids or anyone who doesn't mind it to be loud! The shakes are all yummy! And for desert, we got the GIANT PLATE of Cotton Candy! Oh man... sugar heaven! I can NOT wait to go back to this place!