“Wonderful fresh pasta..excellent food”
Review of Caffe Bella Italia

Caffe Bella Italia
Reserve with OpenTable
Caffe Bella Italia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #485 of 4,804 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Pacific Beach
Cross street: Haines Street
Description: "Your Corner of Italy in Pacific Beach" is the motto of Caffe Bella Italia- a charming restaurant where locals and Italians love to dine. The service is detailed and friendly. The interior speaks softly and envelops the customers in warm earth colors with a Mediterranean touch. This is authentic Italian cuisine served with great pride and beautiful presentation by chef and owners who hail from Napoli, Italy. At Caffe Bella Italia you can certainly enjoy a good wine with your dinner. Our list offers excellent wines at reasonable prices, most of them imported directly from Italy. JOIN US ON TUESDAY AND SUNDAY FOR HALF OFF BOTTLES OF WINE
CT
“Wonderful fresh pasta..excellent food”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We read nay good reviews and have to agree that every dish we tried was delicious. Service was great and very preety decor inside and out on the patio areas. Delicious Italian food.

Visited March 2013

Anacortes, Washington
“Delicious & good service”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We loved everything. The spinach ravioli was so good and the mixed green salad with oranges, almonds, and gorgonzola -molto sabritsi. Portions are not large, so you'll want to try the chocolate gelato, which is the best I've ever had. Will definitely go back!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Sydster2
Hopkinton
“A taste if Italy in San Diego”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We had a wonderful meal last week. Pasta was fresh and perfectly cooked. The waiter, Jeremy was very attentive and helpful with ordering. Nice selection of wines and dessert /wine pairings

Visited February 2013
San Diego, California
“A Northern Italian Culinary Treasure”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Quietly nestled in the heart of San Diego's lively Pacific Beach community, Caffe Bella Italia is the perfect place for an intimate and upscale dining experience, with high quality food and impeccable service. Health conscious lovers of Italian food will be in for a treat at Caffe Bella Italia which specializes in authentic Northern Italian cuisine. Open since 1999, Caffe Bella Italia is a locally owned restaurant which places emphasis on being environmentally conscious while creating marvelous dishes with sustainable, organic, and imported ingredients. Like many locals, I consider Caffe Bella Italia to be the best Italian restaurant in town due to the quality customer service, its uniquely relaxed, yet elegant atmosphere, and of course, the healthy and authentic meals. In my view, Caffe Bella Italia is sure to satisfy even the most discriminating palates.

• Ambiance: I enjoy dining out, but I generally tend to avoid trendy spots which usually attract crowds of people. I typically seek the more low-key restaurants which exude a hint of sophistication. I also avoid areas where I feel I must follow strict rules of dining etiquette in order to make a good impression on fellow diners or restaurant staff members. Caffe Bella Italia fits my requirements perfectly in this area. I can recall the first day I walked through its glass doors on a lazy Sunday afternoon. I wore my comfortable jeans, a form fitting blouse, and a light jacket. I walked in with my husband, unsure of what to expect, other than the promise of Italian food! As soon as we walked in, we were promptly greeted warmly in Italian by an Italian server. Although I don't speak Italian, I felt welcome and were guided through their quaint, candle lit dining room to our comfortable corner table. I immediately looked around to have an idea of the types of diners at this restaurant. Some of them spoke Italian, which I thought to be a good sign. In my opinion, if an Italian person eats at an Italian restaurant, this must indicate the food is authentic to an extent. Caffe Bella Italia has a rustic, European appeal which transports you to a small town in the outskirts of Milan. Ah yes, this is exactly what I had been looking for! Caffe Bella Italia is a locally owned restaurant which places emphasis on being environmentally conscious while creating marvelous dishes with sustainable, organic, and imported ingredients. Like many locals, I consider Caffe Bella Italia to be the best Italian restaurant in town due to the quality customer service, its uniquely relaxed, yet elegant atmosphere, and of course, the healthy and authentic meals. In my view, Caffe Bella Italia is sure to satisfy even the most discriminating palates.

• Food Authenticity: Caffe Bella Italia prides itself in having all meals prepared from scratch. The chef and owner, Stefano Ceresoli, is a native of Italy and he understands the importance of creating consistently delicious food items using nothing but the best ingredients. While looking through the dinner menu, I noticed the following statement "we strongly believe that a healthy organic diet is the secret to long living". I could not agree more with this statement because I try my best to have a healthy diet and I cook foods with high quality ingredients. The menu also has a section where local food suppliers are acknowledged and are thanked. The menu also states they use organic and gluten free ingredients. At this point, I was excited to try my first meal. According to the restaurant's website, the Northern Italian cuisine featured Caffe' Bella Italia is a mix between traditional Italian dishes and unique creations, such as the "Ricotta and Parmigiano" in a browned butter sauce with poppy seeds. There were a number of items to choose from and their menu changes on a daily basis. On this day, I decided to try the Lobster Ravioli in a garlic sauce. Upon placing our orders, we waited about twenty minutes for our food to arrive. Under other circumstances, I would have walked out of the restaurant. However, during our wait, the server placed on our table a basket of rustic Italian rolls with a side of dipping olive oil. This was so delicious that I momentarily forgot about my entree!
In addition, the restaurant owner believes in implementing the "Slow food" concept while cooking, which shows that each meal is created with love. This is something I value strongly while dining at any restaurant. Once our meals were served to us, I was highly impressed by the food presentation; the aroma of the food was very enticing, the porcelain dinnerware was simply beautiful, and the garnishments were a great complement (microgreens, sliced cherry tomatoes, small artichokes, drizzled white sauce).

Although I was starving, I felt it was important to slowly enjoy my meal by taking one bite at a time and thoroughly savoring the various dimensions of flavors. It was obvious the chef is extremely passionate about the dishes he creates. Thankfully, I have become passionate about the food as well. The only thing I was not passionate about was the price; Caffe’ Bella Italia features food items that are fairly pricey. For instance, the cost of my entree was $19.00. Thankfully, the food was so delicious and memorable that I can confidently say I am willing to dish out another $19 for this same meal....once in a while.

Overall, Caffe Bella Italia is a great restaurant; it features a variety of items to satisfy just about anyone. Some of these include wood fired pizzas, gourmet greens, creamy soups, and traditionally popular appetizers, such as Bruschetta, fried calamari, and imported cheese platters. Not to mention their coffees, wines, and desserts are wildly popular.

• Quality of Service
The service I received at Caffe Bella Italia was outstanding. From the moment I walked in the door, I felt warmth from the hostess. The servers who passed by all greeted me with a smile. The owner and chef, Stefano, even stopped by our table at the end of the meal to thank us for dining at this restaurant. I was undeniably impressed. A fellow diner, Francesca, struck a conversation with me at the conclusion of our meal. She mentioned Caffe Bella Italia is her restaurant of choice whenever she comes to visit San Diego from Italy. She says the service she receives is unparalleled in comparison with other Italian restaurants. I could not agree more. The head server is Geremiah is very conscientious and went out of his way to accommodate the needs of all the diners. This is not an easy feat, so I can appreciate the level attentiveness he displayed.

Aside from my personal observations, as well as those of my fellow patrons, I tend to seek reviews conducted by reputable food critics. One of which is Zagat, which is widely trusted to provide accurate restaurant ratings for many top restaurants around the world (zagat.com). Therefore, I was impressed by the overall review score of 25 out of 30 for the service alone, which qualifies as a "very good to excellent" rating. Additionally, the website states "the atmosphere is ‘cozy and intimate' and expat staffers that are the 'the cutest this side of the equator' will make you a 'regular customer'". After several visits and experiencing consistent service, I have considered myself to be a regular customer. If you visit Caffe Bella Italia, maybe you will too.

• Visited May 2012
Overland Park, Kansas
“Great food, good service”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Found this place on Tripadvisor so thought I would try it. very good food, good service, parking is a bit of a challenge. Right on Garnet. If you are in the area, give this place a try.

Visited February 2013