“Great place! :)”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Pacific Beach
Cross street: Haines Street
Description: "Your Corner of Italy in Pacific Beach" is the motto of Caffe Bella Italia- a charming restaurant where locals and Italians love to dine. The service is detailed and friendly. The interior speaks softly and envelops the customers in warm earth colors with a Mediterranean touch. This is authentic Italian cuisine served with great pride and beautiful presentation by chef and owners who hail from Napoli, Italy. At Caffe Bella Italia you can certainly enjoy a good wine with your dinner. Our list offers excellent wines at reasonable prices, most of them imported directly from Italy. JOIN US ON TUESDAY AND SUNDAY FOR HALF OFF BOTTLES OF WINE
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My boyfriend and I thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Bella Italia last week on our trip to San Diego. We are avid Italian food junkies, and he is very picky when it comes to quality of food and overall restaurant experience. We had a great dinner! The bread was delicious, as well as the tomato sauce it came with. We split the Caesar salad, and the croutons were very tasty as well as the dressing! I ordered the Pasta Ragu (it didn't look like a lot of food, but it easily filled me up!). My boyfriend loved his Fradiavolo and devoured every bite. The server was very attentive, and at least 3 people came around to check on us throughout the meal. My water was never empty, and the ambiance was romantic and cozy inside. The outdoor seating looked nice as well, but it was a little chilly for my liking! We will definitely be back! :)

There are newer reviews for Caffe Bella Italia

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We ate here on the recommendation of trip advisor ratings and we were not disappointed. In fact, it exceeded our expectations in every way. I had the lasagna and my husband had the bowtie pesto and they were both fabulous. The pasta is made fresh and you could tell. Chocolate lava cake and coffee for dessert finished off a wonderful meal. Great value for the money. Service was attentive but leisurely. Even the busboy was great.

Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Friendly welcome, fresh and delicious food carefully prepared by obviously passionate people. Our waiter guided us to excellent dishes. Attentive service without being intrusive. Inviting space. We will return again on this trip. If we lived here, we'd be regulars! Perfect pasta, freshest seafood. The flight of Italian wines was a treat.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Our meal here was delicious and the service was very friendly. Every dish that we ordered was obviously homemade and cooked to perfection. We started with the bruschetta bella italia which is a tasty little sampler to start your meal. I had the pappardelle napoletana and it was delicious! The sauce wasn't too heavy, the sausage was great and so were the artichokes. Everything seems very authentic, and I doubt you can make a wrong choice when ordering here!

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Very nice place with excellent service. The wait staff is very friendly, but not invasive. The waiter even comped us dessert for no reason. I had the gnocci and shared fried calamari for an appetizer. They brought out bread with marinara. The marinara was superb. I would definitely return.

1  Thank Colin B