“THE BEST”
Review of Caffe Bella Italia

Caffe Bella Italia
Reserve with OpenTable
Caffe Bella Italia is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #427 of 4,764 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Pacific Beach
Cross street: Haines Street
Description: "Your Corner of Italy in Pacific Beach" is the motto of Caffe Bella Italia- a charming restaurant where locals and Italians love to dine. The service is detailed and friendly. The interior speaks softly and envelops the customers in warm earth colors with a Mediterranean touch. This is authentic Italian cuisine served with great pride and beautiful presentation by chef and owners who hail from Napoli, Italy. At Caffe Bella Italia you can certainly enjoy a good wine with your dinner. Our list offers excellent wines at reasonable prices, most of them imported directly from Italy. JOIN US ON TUESDAY AND SUNDAY FOR HALF OFF BOTTLES OF WINE
San Diego, California
“THE BEST”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Little Italy has many restaurants but this is the absolute best. The food is awesome, the service great and the atmosphere is okay. It is a small place that offers delicious meals.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank BTPI

Caribbean
“Very good”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We reserved via open table just a few hours beforehand on a Saturday night and were able to get a table for after 8.15. We were greeted and seated nicely, outside which was a plus, but then after being served water and given the menus, we were left seated for almost 30 minutes before smeone came to take our order...several waiters were whizzing around but we seemed invisible in the center of the room. I am guessing each thought we were someone else's station? Anyway, finally a somewhat "I am holier than thou because I have an Italian accent" came over; sorry for that statement but all of us got the same feeling...all the other waiters we had serving the courses, bread etc. didn't have any attitude and were friendly and polite. Aside from this, the food was delicious, was served quickly and hot..just excellent. Special mention for the fresh mozarella and zucchini - delicious.

• Visited August 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
“This is a slice of Italy in Pacific Beach area!”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I found this restaurant through Trip Advisor and Open Table. We were staying on the beach, and it was a healthy 20 minute walk. We had a reservation, had requested outdoor seating, and the table was ready immediately. Our waiter was darling, with an accent, and I enjoyed it when he came to our table (my husband thought it was funny). We had the calamari fritti appetizer, and we polished it off. My husband had ordered Fettucine Fra Diavolo, but requested they make it less spciy. He thought it was perfect. I had Papardelle alla Napoletana. The pasta is homemade and you can tell a huge difference in taste. Makes me want to learn how to make my own noodles. The bread was plentiful and also very fresh. We had no room for dessert unfortunately because everything looked wonderful. I love Italian food, and this was a gem of a restaurant. One of my favorites on our 2 week trip down the Pacific Coast Hwy. Highly recommend this place.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank DrLeslieBee
LaGrange, Georgia
“Fantastic authentic italian food”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

My husband who is not a pasta eater, was eating ravioli from my plate. He ordered the veil, which was also good. The waiter spoke broken English, but was definitely Italian. Bottles of wine are half price on Sundays for sure and either Tuesday's or Thursday's. The portions were perfect and the wait was not long. My son had the pizza, which he is a very picky eater, and loved every bite. He ate it all! There were 5 in our party and we were all sampling each others plate. We loved it all! Don't let the area distract you, it was superb

2 Thank Katherine D
Phoenix
“Love their pizza and great service too!”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Family owned, charming, recently renovated, limited parking. Not your average pizza pie by any means, thin crust, quality ingredients. Would be a good date night although fine for families too.
Avoid busy dining times due to parking limitations. Cafe Bella Italia does have approximately three spots in their alley to the west side as well.

1525 Garnet Avenue San Diego, CA 92109