“the best!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Washington Ave
Reviewed March 25, 2013

beautiful interiors, great, knowledgeable service and the food
was excellent! been there often - never disappointed.

always a wonderful experience.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We love Indian food and often search it out when traveling. The Bombay is a definite "find" and worth a return. Unlike so many Indian restaurants done on a minimal budget, the Bombay appears professionally decorated and quite attractive, if not perhaps a bit over-the-top. The service was friendly and flawless. The menu was extensive and just made me wish we could come back twice a week to try everything. My lamb was delicious although it could have been spicier for my palate. My wife's chicken was also excellent. All-in-all, a great experience.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is my favorite Indian restaurant in the U.S. I love the atmosphere, I have always found the food and the service consistently good and the prices are reasonable for dining in San Diego. I have also taken friends here on occasion who had special dietary needs and the kitchen has accommodated them. I recently started eating as a vegan and was able to get very good food here without complaint. Over the past few years, I have had fish, chicken and vegetable dishes here, all of them quite good. I like taking co-workers here because I know they're going to have a good experience and a good meal.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I always have a hard time rationalizing sit down Indian food restaurants when I can get take out so much cheaper and the quality is very similar. That being said, Bombay was probably the best Indian food I've ever had, if not by a large margin. The atmosphere was great and the service was top notch. I'm still a bit torn about the value and whether I'd go back, but keep in mind, that it's solely due to the price. If you like sit down Indian, you'll love Bombay.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Based on recommendations and some very good online reviews I decided to try this restaurant with my wife and 9 year old son on December 27th and reached restaurant around 8 p.m. Restaurant was busy and ambience looks very cool. We were told that that are there is place for two people only. I asked if I had to wait, I was told that most of the people "just came" and restaurant will close at 9 p.m. We were not offered any seat outside on the patio. This was by far the worst customer service I have experienced in a restaurant, I decided to leave without any argument.

I ended up having dinner at "tandoori hut" and when left around 9:30 p.m, restaurant was still open.

I suspect that this restaurant serves "white people" only but have no facts to prove that. I would love to hear your experience specially if you belong to East Indian origin.