“Fabulous San Diego experience”
Review of Croce's Restaurant and Jazz Bar - CLOSED

Croce's Restaurant and Jazz Bar
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: F st.
Description: Croce's Restaurant and Jazz Bar, a popular Gaslamp landmark, and a tribute to singer-songwriter Jim Croce, offers Contemporary American Cuisine, a Wine Spectator Award Winning Wine List and Live Music Nightly.
New Jersey
“Fabulous San Diego experience”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We were lucky enough to get a great table on the patio for people watching...the night was exactly the right temperature for evening festivities and the food was beyond perfect. My friend and I both enjoyed perfectly cooked and seasoned steaks and exceptional wines. This is a must experience if you are visiting the Gaslamp...perfect location, right in the middle of the action, perfect fare, and excellent service!

• Visited October 2012

“A dream come true... And excellent food and entertainment”
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

I am a big Jim Croce fan. I love in Phoenix and have always wanted to go here to see the tribute to Jim. I know that Ingrid and her son run the place and can be found on site. Well, for my wife's 14th anniversary we drove out from Phoenix to have the experience.

First of all, it was even better that the website could show. Everything in detail has taste, purpose and style. From the art work to Jim's sheet music and awards... It all fit and you didn't feel as if a legend was being exploited. His wife and son have done and excellent job with the designing and staffing of the restaurant and bar. You can see the love and admiration for Jim.

So we were late for our reservation but they understood the issues with traffic and parking so we still got our table. Word got out that we were there for our 14th and that I was a big Jim Croce fan. Our waitress let us know that Ingrid does come and and we might be able to meet her. What I didn't know was while I got up to look about the restaurant and bar ... Ingrid had come in and autographed and wrote a personal note to me and my wife. Yes , she came to the table and spoke with us, presented the books to us and wished us a happy anniversary. My family had bought the books but Ingrid made it extra special. WOW ... I got to meet Ingrid Croce ... Who would have thought.

So , onto the food... It was excellent. There was 4 of us and we all got something different. The wine suggestion for the pairing was excellent. I recommend this place... Croce fans or not. Yes, understand this place plays live music and is popular. I read some other reviews, I guess they just didn't understand that.

Eat, drink, enjoy the music.

Bali
“Old Favorite”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

It's been around for a long time, is a San Diego establishment with great food and cool music. You'll love this place and it's in the Gaslamp. Great fun.

Visited July 2012
“Awesome spot, great food, great music”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

If you go here, try the craft beers on tap, and the Seseme Sashimi Ahi is a must have. It is cooked to perfection. The music is great, but if you want to have a conversation with dinner guests, go before the music starts - its a bit hard to hear after they get started.

Visited October 2012
California
“Great food and service”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Food was fabulous. We sat in the bar section and had rock star seating for the little jazz band that performed there. Service and ambiance was superb.

Visited October 2012