“Excellent Linguine and Clams!”
Review of Asti Ristorante

Asti Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Asti Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #170 of 5,172 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: European, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 5th Avenue Between F and G Street
Description: Asti, located in the heart of San Diego's Historic Gaslamp Quarter, has been providing guests with an exquisite fine-dining experience since 1994. Watch the passersby as you dine out on the patio for a pleasant shaded lunch or while indulging in a candlelight dinner. Come on inside to experience the warm, elegant ambiance of the dining room. Asti is walking distance to the San Diego convention center and to downtown hotels.
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Very nice service, and delicious linguine vongole. Price is a bit high but we are in the gaslamp quarter so prices match the tourist area. Great food for tourist area. Highly recommended! Patio weather was nice with a sweater on.

Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Great food in a decent ambience. Found it wierd that a highly recommended restaurant would have a hostess solicting on the street for business. Guess it is the Gaslamp way.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

This is one of many italian restaurants in the gas lamp area of san diego. The ambience and the food were great with mouthwatering veal and seafood.I was astonished that the bill was over £100 ($160) for only one starter two mains and two glasses of wine. The veal was $46 on it's own the meal then stung with local taxes AND a mandatory 15% gratuity on top. I realised none of the specials were priced and silly me I thought specials on the menu are when there is a reduction not an excess. Do go by all means but take a bulging wallet
We were also treated to a floor show; as two heavies came outside then gruff words with the waiter to "request" best tables in the house both with best Al Pacino accents. We left before the final act

Reviewed February 28, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by the concierge at the hotel where we were staying, It was a short walk. The food was absolutely delicious and they made a special shrimp dish for my husband. The staff who greeted us and our server were very knowledgeable and pleasant. We sat outside and enjoyed watching all the activity on the street. It reminded me of restaurants in Italy where they entice you to come in and look at their menu. Believe me, this was worth it.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Last night in San Diego after a week long visit. I wish I had found this gem of a restaurant earlier. It is expensive. I spent $75 for my meal, including the tip, without any wine. However, it was a mouthwatering meal. The server was very pleasant and explained the specials to our group. We had 7 in the party. He made some recommendations, an they were spot on.

I had the bone-in veal chop with mushrooms in a peppercorn sauce. It was cooked perfectly and was tender and delicious. It was also gigantic!

Several people in my group had the recommended Pacific Swordfish, all were pleased with their orders. In fact no one had any complaints.

The server was always there when we needed him, but not obtrusive at all.

This place is in the GasLamp district, so there are a LOT of choices for dinner, and this place stands out as one of the very best, for me at least.

Next trip to San Diego, I'll be dining here again.