“sushi fun” 3 of 5 stars

very experienced sushi restaurant in Rancho Bernardo

Escondido, California
“Awesome Shrimp Tempura!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

I don't eat any seafood, but my husband finally convinced me to try the tempura shrimp and it is awesome. I order it with the teriyaki chicken and it's delicious! It's now my favorite restaurant and I order the same thing every time.

• 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
ca_girl3
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2009

I highly recommend this place. With the economy the way it is, it's not quite as busy as usual, but they still put out a high quality!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“BEST SUSHI EVER. DOESN'T...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2008

BEST SUSHI EVER. DOESN'T TASTE OLD & COLD LIKE OTHER PLACES.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
San Diego
“Truly "the best" sushi in San Diego”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2008

Shien of Osaka/Akai Hana consistently serves the best sushi in San Diego. Every time I hear someone raving about a sushi restaurant, I go check it out. I am routinely, although not always, disappointed. There's a lot of mediocre product out there billed as "the best." In my experience, very few sushi spots compare to Akai Hana in terms of freshness, variety, creative combinations, beautiful presentation, and consistent quality.