“A legend in San Diego”

Gainesville, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A legend in San Diego”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have ben going to this restaurant since 1960, in a different location then. The food is always consistent, fast, and inexpensive. A great place to go alone, or with friends or family. Very casual. Every time I visit my home town of San Diego, I make sure I go here. Not for the dieters... so yummy!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank BritishgalfromUSA

Oakland, California
“Best Chicken Pie”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I've gone to the San Diego Chicken Pie Shop since a child. Every time I go back to San Diego I load up on frozen pies to take back to the SF Bay Area. These pies are all chicken and a delicious creamy gravy with a great tasting crust. So some people may complain that there are no vegetables, but that's their loss. I've had some of their other food, such as their fried chicken, good but not the best. That is why I rate this restaurant 4 stars, instead of 5. The décor also is not fancy, just your basic essentially the same as when I went 50 years ago.

• Visited October 2012
San Diego, California
“Lots of food; low prices.”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

A San Diego tradition! Good food in large quantities at low prices. Feels like a visit from the past. Fun for variety.

Carlsbad, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average foo but fun experience...”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I rate this Average for the food, it is fun and brings back memories of the old time diners; simple comfort food. Worth trying for the diner experience. If you are a traveler looking for great food I wouldn't recommend this place.

• Visited August 2012
Las Vegas, Nevada
“It was better the last time”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We always go here when in San Diego, this time there was not as much flavor in the gravy but when I asked for more gravy it seemed better. It's nothing fancy but good prices and it is usually good so I would try it again.

• Visited March 2013