“Unique and Tasty!”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I have been eating at Saffron for more than ten years. It is an odd restaurant in that it is actually two restaurants: a sit down restaurant and a take out restaurant next door. The cooks are always shuttling between the two places with food. Su Mei, a native I believe of Thailand or China, made this restaurant her pride. She still shows up here from time to time. I wish the carry out containers were not Styrofoam..more environment friendly. Overall, this restaurant is a legacy in the san Diego area. The pad thai is tasty and unique. This place just falls short of five stars because of the difficult parking and the lack of atmosphere in the restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Saffron

Reviewed March 17, 2013

I actually have only ever gotten picnic baskets here. Most recently we did the Valentine's special (given that before baby we used to love doing picnics...so we had a little indoor picnic in Feb). The dipping sauces are awesome - I especially like the sweet n sour and chutney which are both pretty unique tasting.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

This is more of a 3.5 star establishment. The taste is a bit Westernized for Thai foods, but the service is reasonably efficient. There aren't many great Thai restaurants in the city, so ...

Reviewed February 22, 2013

I've been to Saffron several times and just had to write a review. Their chicken is to die for and the dipping sauces are amazing. My last visit I started with the vegetarian spring rolls and they may well become an obsession! The dining room can be noisy and it's definitely a no frills, no table service experience, but for the price it is hands down one of the best casual dining restaurants in San Diego! It's close to the airport so I plan on doing take-out next time I am staying over at a hotel.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Good food for the price. Nice location. I love their Spring rolls and soups! Not fancy, at all. and located in a favorite gem of San Diego, India Street.