“Fantastic Thai! A must try!!”
Review of Saffron

Saffron
Ranked #785 of 4,744 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, International
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
San Diego, California
“Fantastic Thai! A must try!!”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

As someone who has been to Thailand and lived in Southeast Asia, I am very picky about my Thai food and loved it! Its no frills food hits the spot! You order and pay at the counter and they bring it to you! I ended up eating all of my Pad Thai and then eating most of my wife's Pad See Ew, much to her dismay. It was all so tasty I just couldnt help myself. I also ordered the mango sticky rice. Now it wasnt the best sticky rice ever but pretty good- and large thankfully I had 2 willing friends helping me finish it. The owner is friendly and has been featured on TV and in Magazines many times. So good Im going back!

• Visited July 2012

new haven, ct
“For the birds!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Any trip to San Diego includes a stop at the Taste of Thai. A little take-out or eat in restaurant that emits the most wonderful smells of chickens roasting -- add a little sauce and you are good to go! Picked up my meal and went down to Balboa Park to enjoy the meal and much to my dismay it went to the birds. The chicken was overcooked and difficult to eat. I will stop in again and hope it was just an off day!

• Visited June 2012
International Falls, Minnesota
“Highly recommended to us, not sure why”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We were told this place was fabulous. Guess we had too high of expectations. We had a family of six try it out. For starters, tough seating. Meant more for singles or couples, or take out. Had both indoor and outdoor seating on old metal chairs that must have a million miles on them. Not really sure anything was clean. Overall felt like diner dive, especially bathrooms. Very busy place but waitstaff quick to clear tables. The food....everyone had fun sampling the others plates but no one was coming back for more. The soups were huge bowls. Plates were full. lots of food served and not generic by any means, full of flavors, just not my style.

• Visited June 2012
La Jolla
“Salad rolls and ginger tea”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I'd still go a long way for Saffron's salad rolls, three to a box, siracha and peanut sauces, and hot pungent ginger tea.

The picnic hampers with broiled chicken, rice (substitute the white rice for the heartier, healthier red rice), salad rolls and cambodian slaw (delicious) are expensive but fun for a trip to Balboa park or the beach

• Visited May 2012
Maputo, Mozambique
“nothing special”
Reviewed April 28, 2012

generic thai take out. very hyped by the owner who moves with the upper class circles. good location, but if you want more authentic fare drive up to sabi lee in linda vista on ulric.