“Outstanding Breakfast”

Original Pancake House
Ranked #469 of 4,960 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: If you've never tried The Original Pancake House®, you're long over-due. And if you're already a regular, then you know what we're talking about. Come by and experience the flavor, the atmosphere, the attention to quality and service, and the ultimate breakfast favorite for San Diegans for nearly 30 years!
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Enjoyed another breakfast at The Original Pancake House. Many many choices (pancakes), including fresh toast, egg specialties and other breakfast dishes. The service was Outstanding. Highly recommend. There is often a wait time on the weekends. Worth the wait.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We went here on a Yelp review search. It's not exactly in a touristy area, but if you are driving nearby, it's worth the stop. We ordered the German pancake(holy huge pancake Batman!), tropical pancakes, Egg and Bacon with Buttermilk Pancakes and extra sausage links. Until now, a pancakes was pretty much the same anywhere. One bite of the buttermilk pancakes with just a bit of butter changed my perspective. What they do to those little cakes of the pan I do not know, but it's good. The tropical pancakes were very tangy with the orange citrus syrup. I think there were 6 cakes on the plate so be warned. I have to even comment about the sausage. It was really tasty. Not sure what brand it was, but it was better than most. Then there is the monstrosity called the German pancake. Just look at the photo. I'll say no more!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

and have been busy for years.
It's a homey looking place. Simple and clean.
The service is always good, even if they're busy.
The menu is straightforward American Breakfast fare. It's all they do, it's all they need to do.

I had the Eggs Benedict. They come with a side of toast or potato pancakes. I've had better potato pancakes and would have preferred hash browns but the potato pancakes were good enough. Besides the Eggs Benedict were excellent. The hollandaise is creamy with the perfect blend of eggy lemony greatness. Eggs perfectly cooked and arrived hot.

My husband ordered pancakes with eggs and a side of bacon. The bacon is really good, thick cooked to perfection.

Original Pancake House is out of the way for most visitors to San Diego but well worth the wait on the weekend.

There is no scenic view, it's never occurred to me to request a reservation. They close at 3pm. They only do breakfast and they do it well.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

This place is magic the food is great and service is very good. Like all good restaurants there is a wait no reservations makes it a lengthy wait. My favorite dish is their Home Made Beef Hash. It's incredible and I highly recommend trying it.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Food is good. Service is good. This place is always busy & packed. Gotta get there early. I wish they would make it bigger. More roomy. Parking lot is small too. Pancakes are very good.