“Dim sum”

Ranked #1,113 of 5,165 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Jasmine is the restaurant to visit or bring your guests from out-of-town to in San Diego. We serves San Diego's freshest seafood picked right from our tanks and prepared Cantonese style, just like you'll find in Hong Kong. We are also known for our delicious Dim Sum (served daily), bring your friends for family-style dinner, or contact us to plan your next wedding reception or business luncheon in our banquet facilities!
Reviewed December 10, 2013

One of the only places I know of to go for dim sum in San Diego. I've heard Pearl in RB is better but haven't tried yet. This place is ok.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

The red-red-red decor can be a bit much, but if you get it the mood, order a lobster with black bean sauce and a bottle of Chardonnay, things will be alright.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

While visiting my sister, we decided on dim sum for lunch. We considered two other restaurants but opted to try Jasmine. We were seated right away & the dim sum carts arrived. There was a nice selection to choose from. The Chinese broccoli, baked pork buns, & pineapple bread were tasty and worth ordering. I have had excellent dim sum in Las Vegas, Hong Kong, & KL so it is hard not to compare what we ate at Jasmine with those. While Jasmine's dim sum is decent, it in no way compares with others I have had. Restaurant service was good.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

This restaurant has a split personality...I've been eating here with my family for more than 10 years; however,the "very good" rating that I gave this restaurant primarily reflects the quality of the dim sum. To prepare yourself for this restaurant, you need to understand the unique experience of eating in an authentic dim sum establishment. Be prepared for many rolling carts filled with small portions of many Chinese appetizers, and know that you'll be surrounded by many large Asian families, which is a sign of a highly regarded Chinese restaurant. It's easy to over-order and run up a major-league billl, so be patient and look carefully at the food on the carts before deciding which delicacies to order.I've been less impressed with the entrees which, wihile tasty, are expensive and don't represent a reasonable value. Come here for the dim sum (from around 11:00 AM to about 3:00 PM), but look elsewhere at dinnertime.

3  Thank Sam B
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Very traditional Dim Sum restaurant. A fun ethnic experience with lots o options to try a wide variety of unique dishes. It can be crowded on weekends with very large parties. You know you've made a good ethnic food decision when it is packed with people of that foods origin. Don't forget you can order dishes off the menu if you want something besides dim sum. Don't let the process intimidate you. Enjoy a little bit of China right here in SD!