“Better than the average "hotel" bar and restaurant”

Elephant & Castle Pub & Restaurant
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
New York
“Better than the average "hotel" bar and restaurant”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Like others had posted, I was in the area for a conference and decided to stop in for a quick bite before heading off to an afternoon session. The prices were good and the food arrived quickly. I had the Sonoma Chicken Wrap and it was a nice mix of warm tortilla and chicken against tangy and cool chicken. It came out quickly but it looked freshly made - no complaints at all. It came with a choice of sides and I got the salad. The greens were fresh and there was a bigger portion than the normal side salad. There was a touch too much dressing for my taste but it was by no means drowned.

It was too early to grab a pint and I was disappointed as they had at least two local brews on tap. The standard select of pub beer appeared as well. I tried to make a point to come back for a beer later but it just never worked out. I'd certainly head back in if I ever find myself in the area again.

• Visited February 2013

Orange County
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Portions are excellent for the price and the flavor of my steak was outstanding! My only wish was that I didn't have to eat alone but I was attending a conference. The pub is quaint and is was quiet, my spouse would have enjoyed!

Florida
“Great family stop close to cruise ship port”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Good food, reasonable prices, great selection of pub fare and beer. Right across the street from the cruise terminal and located on the outside of the Holiday Inn. Good place to eat for those staying at the hotel or with time to kill before or after a cruise.

Visited January 2013
Lake Tahoe (Nevada), Nevada
“Tahoe George”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Very good service with a wide variety of choices. Also has outdoor dining when the weather is nice. The service was excellent.

Visited January 2013
Davis, California
“Tasty food”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We arrived Holiday Inn San Diego on the Bay around 9pm and did not feel to go too far for dinner. The Elephant & Castle Pub is literally connected to the hotel so we decided to eat there. There were not too many people at that time and we ordered Fish taco, Chicken Caesar Salad and cola as light dinner before bedtime. The waiter was nice and food tasted good. Salad was fresh, fish chips were crispy (but a bit of greasy) and the food portion was large. The price was a bit of over but it is reasonable as like for any of hotel related restaurants.

• Visited December 2012