“I'm Thai and I give this place a thumbs up”
Review of Celadon Restaurant - CLOSED

Celadon Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Their flavors are on par with what Thai food should taste like especially with the Northeastern region plates.

Decor - downstairs bar area OK, upstairs is very nice, immaculate, and WHITE everywhere. Looks very nice and elegant.

Service - very good! very attentive!

There are newer reviews for Celadon Restaurant

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I was very impress with this restaurant. The intimacy of this restaurant is excellent. There is a piano and a sofa giving the feeling like you were at your home. I had the roti as an appetizer and the sauce is superb. For the main course I had the Grilled Garlic Pepper Fish, that was also superb. The wait staff was excellent. You must try this Thai restaurant. Bon Apetit.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

I've been going to Celadon since the early 1980s; this is not their best iteration. The location is cool -- park down Fifth -- and they have some old favorites (recommend the Celadon squares and pad thai), but most of what we had was mediocre. The spring rolls are uninspired, the calamari actually pretty good (a nice crispy tempura-style batter is just right). Our friends liked the fish dishes; the BBQ chicken wasn't. BBQ'd, that is, more like baked with a semi-sweet sauce nearly indistinguishable from the sauce we were supposed to use for the spring rolls and calamari. Only two desserts; fried bananas, or mango slices with sticky rice. On balance, I remember a lively menu with interesting tastes. This, not so much.

But then, for a party of six, we were charged a 20% service charge on top of the bill and tax -- not sure if this is even right, but we felt ripped off. Service was OK and friendly (chicken was late) but the service charge totally out of line. If we return I won't go unless we negotiate that charge out. It wasn't otherwise worth it.

1  Thank TheresaMc
Reviewed January 26, 2012

This is the most fabulious Thai Resturant in San Diego,Ca.located in the Hillcrest area.,a must stop.

1  Thank sweetdlewis
Reviewed January 11, 2012

Celadon has excellent food. Parking is tricky (street only). Their prices are higher, but they have white tablecloths and finer accoutrements, not to mention a high-quality shredded papaya salad. I've only been here once, but it was really good. I'd go back.

1  Thank WeBJamman