“Large portions, great service, mouthwatering menu.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Adams Avenue Grill

Adams Avenue Grill
Ranked #1,313 of 4,726 Restaurants in San Diego
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Marthasville, Missouri
“Large portions, great service, mouthwatering menu.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

We arrived fairly close to closing on a Friday night but were welcomed without a hint of reluctance. Service was friendly and just the right amount of attention. The carrot ginger soup was very good. The goat cheese fritters were enough for 3 or 4 people and the red pepper couli was the right accompaniment. I took home half of my half order of crispy peanut and Savoy cabbage salad. Very nicely seasoned spicy dressing. My husband ordered the pear, prosciutto pizza, the small size, and we brought home 3/4 of it. Good dining value since we'll get another meal out of that pizza! Lots of interesting and inviting things on the menu. And not to be underestimated, we were able to find a parking spot within a couple blocks. It's been our experience that that's not always the case in San Diego.

• Visited June 2013

San Diego, California
“Amazing food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

I am so happy I found this gem in my neighborhood. Stopped by for breakfast and ordered the Lavender infused French Toast- and OMG I was in heaven! Will definitely be stopping by for lunch and dinner.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank dicookie
San Diego
“Wonderful!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

This is a great find!Conveniently located on Adams Ave. in University Heights. Always on the street available parking.Every dish is amazing,Good, homemade style eatery. They serve breakfast through lunch time.It's always difficult to choose because it is all so good.Homemade soups are tasty,my favorite dishes are the red stuffed peppers, the pot roast,salads,you just can't go wrong.Most entrees come with a desert which is a bonus. Portions are very generous.Keep coming back with friends.We all have to taste each others orders for the next trip.Great service and nice decor.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank MaryAnnLens
San Diego, California
“Amazing food, not always the great service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

The last time I was there, I know I arrived at 1:58 and the restaurant closes at 2:00 Yet all I wanted was soup to go. As I told the waitress that is all I wanted the cook signal me that it was OK yet the waitress told me the kitchen was closed and she would not take the order. I wish the owner was there to see that they are missing sales and loosing customers.

• Visited April 2013
Los Angeles CA
“Great local venue!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Walking in to AAG feels so familiar. The place is comfortably decorated and furnished, feeling like your own dining room. And the residential location only enhances that homey feeling.

The food is great! Had the veggie special of stuffed roasted poblanos, very tasty, size able and filling. And at a reasonable price.

Fair wine and beer selection to choose from.

Too full for dessert, but they looked delicious.

Service was good, friendly and efficient.

Definitely recommend.