“Great neighborhood restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Adams Avenue Grill

Adams Avenue Grill
Ranked #1,249 of 4,716 Restaurants in San Diego
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
San Diego
“Great neighborhood restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

I love this place. The staff is very friendly and the food is consistently good. I've gone there many times without a reservation and even when they are extremely busy, they'll do everything possible to seat us. The ambience is very pleasant and more along the lines of a casual dinning place with great home cooking and specialty dishes.

• Visited November 2012

San Francisco, California
“A little of this, a little of that”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Good fine....I've walked by many times when going to my favorite restaurant "the farmhouse cafe" which is right down the street. While its not haute cuisine, I thought it was inventive...well presented, and good. I hade the pork enchilada with mole sauce and it was quite good. Service was attentive without being intrusive. A nice neighborhood restaurant....I wish it was in my neighborhood

Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Homestyle cooking at a nice price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

This family-run business serves good food at good prices. We were very happy with our meals, and the service was helpful but not intrusive. Almost like eating at home, but with better food!

• Visited March 2012
San Francisco, California
“WONDERFUL & MEMORABLE Dinner & Brunch !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2012

I travel down to San Diego often and tend to hang out in the University Heights neighborhood. I would always drive by this place - not knowing that a wonderful restaurant was there. So on my most recent visit, I ventured to the Adams Avenue Grill on a Thursday evening and was treated to an exceptional restaurant with excellent service and food. I returned for brunch on the following Saturday. I enjoyed my experience so much, that I returned for dinner on Sunday evening! Everything was great. The server - Tiffany - was amazing. She welcomed my companion and I warmly, explained many of the menu items well and treated us very professionally. My dining companion had the Yankee pot roast and thought it was delicious (except a tiny bit salty); I had the Carolina-Stuffed Turkey meatloaf which was stuffed with herbs, pecans, grits and a cranberry dressing - it was to die for! It’s accompanied by maple spiked sweet potatoes and a wonderful vegetable medley - truly a delicious comfort food item. Brought back memories of Thanksgiving turkey dinner! The “Picasso on a plate” salad is not only delicious, but a work of art on a plate. They also have a nice selection of pizzas, sandwiches, and other grill items. The Brunch menu is equally amazing. The turkey hash & scrambled eggs were delicious. It was a house made hash of turkey, bacon & shredded potatoes with some herbs & speces, topped with scrambled eggs. It was served with a side of vegestables & fruit. There are too many wonderful menu items to write about. When I returned for brunch, Tiffany remembered my mushroom allergy - which was very attentive of her. Contrary to previous postings, I found the restaurant to be a wonderful neighborhood location. The tables are spaced apart nicely. One gets a warm welcoming feeling when arriving – much as one would when coming to the family home. Again, the servers Tiffany and Michael were very pleasant and genuinely enjoyed conversing with us. One can see that they love working there. We will be back on our next San Diego visit for sure !

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank SFDutchman
Norfolk, Virginia
“Elegant dining experience with Exceptional Food and Service!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

Our group met for an early dinner at the Adams Ave Grill recently and had a wonderfully delicious meal! The intimate restaurant was perfect for our 4-top, not noisy or crowded, and service was exceptional. Then our food arrived...a salmon, a pot roast, and two lamb specials...WOW!! Everything was delivered hot & fast, by our very knowledgeable waiter. Come early, they get busy after 7 pm. A must-visit restaurant now on my San Diego list next time I visit from the East Coast.

• Visited February 2012