“Fabulous Italian!”

Baci Ristorante Italiano
Reserve with OpenTable
Baci Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #252 of 4,776 Restaurants in San Diego
Newport, Rhode Island
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous Italian!”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Absolutely wonderful old school Italian restaurant which we found out about from friends in San Diego. It's a little outside of downtown San Diego and well worth the 5 minute drive. Our group had Osso Buco, their signature Swordfish and a rack of lamb. All first rate. The service was also outstanding.

Visited February 2014

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Wonderful wait staff”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

My team of 8 had a fantastic evening. The wait staff anticipated everything we needed. The mussels in broth were wonderful. The eggplant fabulous. Lovely evening

Visited January 2014
Mesa, Arizona
“Primo Italiano with an *”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

The food here was excellent, but I do have a quibble. I always have a quandary with good Italian restaurants that list courses from antipasti thru secondi without any guidance as to portion size. Here I even asked our server about that and he indicated that each Paste or Secondi was individual sized. We ordered accordingly. I should have followed my instincts. The Paste servings were large bowls that would have been better shared. Unless you want to plow through a large bowl of of pasta by yourself, order to share. There were 8 of us and we would have been happier with 3 pastas passed around and then select a salad or secondi to compliment the pasta. Good food though, I do suggest that you take charge and not be intimidated and order "family style" especially for the pasta.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Carl L
Santa Maria, California
“Love San Diego”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I have just returned from doing the Susan G. Komen San Diego 60 mile walk for breast cancer research and we ate one night at this restaurant and were SO impressed. The food was fresh, authentic, home made and just fabulous. The staff were unbelievably kind both with suggestions and their knowledge of the dishes prepared. The 3 of us shared an appetizer of melon and prosciutto that was mouth watering! We all had different dishes, sole, chicken and a beef selection as well as salads. I have eaten at Italian restaurants all over and believe me this one is at the top of my list and I will recommend it to everyone!!!!

• Visited November 2013
Ennis, Texas
“Excellent Food and Service”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

This restaurant was really great, the service was truly 5 star as was the food. Their Eggplant Parmigiana was excellent, really enjoyed the Capricciosa Salad, the fist of the day was great, (had this two days). Their gelato was excellent and their cannoli was way above average. Ate there three time on my visit to San Diego. They have a web site also. SanDiegoBaci.com.

• Visited October 2013