Review Highlights
Our lesson with Kristine was a blast!

This was by far our favorite San Diego experience! My boyfriend and I had the best time building... read more

Reviewed February 20, 2020
Gabbylo222
Sandcastles birthday

We did a sandcastle art lesson as a birthday party for our 10 yo daughter. It was the best birthday... read more

Reviewed January 28, 2020

from $28.00
from $64.11
from $69.34
More Info
All reviews tips and tricks unique experience del mar learning how all ages family activity great activity a lot of fun bucket list jt sandcastle techniques lesson instructor session blast project
Selected filters
Reviewed December 29, 2015

We found San Diego Sand Castles on TripAdvisor and we're so glad we did. JT spent an entire afternoon teaching my husband and I how to build amazing sand creations. The picture listed is not just some masterpiece; by the time we were done designing ours, it looked just as good! They teach you how to properly pack and wet the sand so you can make a 3+ foot tall castle or other sculpture. We also learned the techniques to make windows, doors, stairs, towers, columns, trees, bridges, balls, or whatever else your mind could imagine. We had numerous beach goers ask to take pictures. The staff is very professional and great to work with. I can't wait to take my kids when they get a older.

Date of experience: April 2015
1  Thank Cathi H
Reviewed December 29, 2015

My twin boys, 10 years old, had a wonderful time building a castle and a tank. I would highly recommend putting San Diego Sand Castles on your agenda....you can't miss this one!

Date of experience: May 2015
Reviewed December 27, 2015 via mobile

We are a family of 4, with girls ages 11 and 16. We didn't know what to expect and when I said we were taking a sand castle building class there were a few questioning looks, but this was a great family experience - the highlight of the trip! The location was beautiful and our guide was the right balance of teacher and helpful, but didn't do it for us. We learned so much and felt so accomplished with our sand castle. Give yourself plenty of time and bring sun screen and water. Highly recommend!!! You won't be disappointed.

Date of experience: March 2015
Reviewed December 27, 2015

My sons (14) and (12) thoroughly enjoyed building their sandcastle. The instructor was so nice and the boys had fun with a beautiful end result. I loved seeing them so creatively absorbed in something that was not on a screen. An overall excellent experience that we would do again.

Date of experience: August 2015
Reviewed December 26, 2015

My family had so much fun building a sand castle and learning techniques with our instructor Andrew! Myself, my husband, our 11 year old daughter and 8 year old son all had a blast! We brought our 4 year old along and it was good we had someone to watch her (her grandmother) because she was not interested and would have destroyed it if we allowed her to get close, they very kindly did not charge us for the 2 of them since they were not participating in the lesson. And overall great experience, we wish it would have lasted another couple of hours!

Date of experience: December 2015