“Fun day...even when rainy!”

San Diego Sand Castles
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The best way to spend time on San Diego's beaches is by doing something unique - build a professional style sand castle! San Diego Sand Castles isn't a gallery, competition, or "thing to see" for public viewing (please don't come to our address expecting to see sand castles!) In fact, we're a far more interactive reservations-required beachside "thing to do" where your group gets to be the artists! San Diego Sand Castles specializes in sand castle lessons for people of all ages all year-round! Our sand castle lessons are a lot of fun, are educational, and a great way to spend time on the beach in San Diego. When the instructors aren't happily teaching sand castle lessons, they are often working on professional masterpiece commissioned sculptures or you can often find them creating their own unique ideas!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed December 29, 2015

I never expected this to be a hit. But it was reviewed so highly on Trip Advisor, that we thought, why not? Ended up being a real memory-maker of our trip. Great for a couple who wants to do something different.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"whole family"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed December 29, 2015

We found San Diego Sand Castles on TripAdvisor and we're so glad we did. JT spent an entire afternoon teaching my husband and I how to build amazing sand creations. The picture listed is not just some masterpiece; by the time we were done designing ours, it looked just as good! They teach you how to properly pack and wet the sand so you can make a 3+ foot tall castle or other sculpture. We also learned the techniques to make windows, doors, stairs, towers, columns, trees, bridges, balls, or whatever else your mind could imagine. We had numerous beach goers ask to take pictures. The staff is very professional and great to work with. I can't wait to take my kids when they get a older.

Reviewed December 29, 2015

My twin boys, 10 years old, had a wonderful time building a castle and a tank. I would highly recommend putting San Diego Sand Castles on your agenda....you can't miss this one!

Reviewed December 27, 2015 via mobile

We are a family of 4, with girls ages 11 and 16. We didn't know what to expect and when I said we were taking a sand castle building class there were a few questioning looks, but this was a great family experience - the highlight of the trip! The location was beautiful and our guide was the right balance of teacher and helpful, but didn't do it for us. We learned so much and felt so accomplished with our sand castle. Give yourself plenty of time and bring sun screen and water. Highly recommend!!! You won't be disappointed.