“We had a great time!”

San Diego Sand Castles
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The best way to spend time on San Diego's beaches is by doing something unique - build a professional style sand castle! San Diego Sand Castles isn't a gallery, competition, or "thing to see" for public viewing (please don't come to our address expecting to see sand castles!) In fact, we're a far more interactive reservations-required beachside "thing to do" where your group gets to be the artists! San Diego Sand Castles specializes in sand castle lessons for people of all ages all year-round! Our sand castle lessons are a lot of fun, are educational, and a great way to spend time on the beach in San Diego. When the instructors aren't happily teaching sand castle lessons, they are often working on professional masterpiece commissioned sculptures or you can often find them creating their own unique ideas!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed June 4, 2014

My family and I worked with Andrew to create a awesome sand castle on the beach the other day. Andrew knows his stuff and showed us the way to make a huge sand castle. He was really nice as well. It took about three hours but it was time and money well spent. We made great memories. Glad we decided to try this because we come to the area often and were getting bored of the usual stuff to do. One person in our family is not a fan of the beach but she got down and dirty, really getting into the task. Highly recommended!

Reviewed June 4, 2014

My husband and I had a really great time learning the tricks of sandcastle building. Andrew was laid back, went at a pace that was leisurely and enjoyable. It is sometimes hard to sit around on the beach all day for us, but this activity was relaxing and enjoyable. We had our little kids (under 3) come see the final product at the end. We got some pictures and didn't have to worry that they would ruin it before it was finished.
We continued to work on our castle for over an hour after Andrew had gone down the beach to start with another lesson. He let us use the tools until we were finished. What a laid back and fun experience!

Reviewed June 4, 2014

My wife and I did this for our fist anniversary. JT was great to work with he taught us how to make an amazing 4.5 foot sand castle as well as how we can go about doing this on our own with minimum cost and tools. He also took time to have some fun with us as we decided to give my wife some Hobbit Sand Feet. We really had a great time and it was one of the best things we did while in San Diego, and we went to the zoo!

I would recommend this for couples, families, groups of friends and individuals. Really a great way to have fun and learn how artistic you can be.

JT-Estrela, Owner at San Diego Sand Castles, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2014

Saying this is one of the best things you've done in San Diego is a huge compliment and one of the best things we could hope for! Thank you so much!

Reviewed June 2, 2014

This was a unique and enjoyable experience. Andrew was an awesome instructor. My hubby and I along with our 15 & 12 year olds all thought it was great! We just wish we had more time.

Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

We had an awesome time building with Andrew! 4 adults and an active 5 year old, it works! This activity is a great concept of getting back to the real reason for your vacation...QUALITY TIME!

Thanks Andrew for an awesome experience!!! We will never forget it!

1  Thank MemoriesNtheMaking