“San Diego Sand Castles is the best Bang for your Buck”

San Diego Sand Castles
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The best way to spend time on San Diego's beaches is by doing something unique - build a professional style sand castle! San Diego Sand Castles isn't a gallery, competition, or "thing to see" for public viewing (please don't come to our address expecting to see sand castles!) In fact, we're a far more interactive reservations-required beachside "thing to do" where your group gets to be the artists! San Diego Sand Castles specializes in sand castle lessons for people of all ages all year-round! Our sand castle lessons are a lot of fun, are educational, and a great way to spend time on the beach in San Diego. When the instructors aren't happily teaching sand castle lessons, they are often working on professional masterpiece commissioned sculptures or you can often find them creating their own unique ideas!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Reviewed June 4, 2014

My wife and I did this for our fist anniversary. JT was great to work with he taught us how to make an amazing 4.5 foot sand castle as well as how we can go about doing this on our own with minimum cost and tools. He also took time to have some fun with us as we decided to give my wife some Hobbit Sand Feet. We really had a great time and it was one of the best things we did while in San Diego, and we went to the zoo!

I would recommend this for couples, families, groups of friends and individuals. Really a great way to have fun and learn how artistic you can be.

JT-Estrela, Owner at San Diego Sand Castles, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2014

Saying this is one of the best things you've done in San Diego is a huge compliment and one of the best things we could hope for! Thank you so much!

There are newer reviews for San Diego Sand Castles

Reviewed June 2, 2014

This was a unique and enjoyable experience. Andrew was an awesome instructor. My hubby and I along with our 15 & 12 year olds all thought it was great! We just wish we had more time.

Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

We had an awesome time building with Andrew! 4 adults and an active 5 year old, it works! This activity is a great concept of getting back to the real reason for your vacation...QUALITY TIME!

Thanks Andrew for an awesome experience!!! We will never forget it!

1  Thank MemoriesNtheMaking
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I found San Diego Sand Castles on Tripadvisor and was very happy I booked with them. We wanted to something "different" and this seemed to be a great option. My boyfriend was a bit unsure, would two adults really enjoy making a sand castle? Have to say, we had a blast! Andrew was very friendly and really helped us create a beautiful castle! People kept stopping to ask us where we learned to make one (we told them) and to take pictures! It was a fun filled day on the beach!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Andrew with SDSC did a Phenomenal job working with all of us! 5 kids ages 11-20 and husband & I all had such a blast with our Castle building! From start to finish, Andrew was clear, patient and FUN! He showed us so many little tips to make our experience Spectacular and Special!! Worth EVERY penny!!! Thank you Andrew for a Fabulous 3 hours!! Would do it again in a heartbeat! The pictures look marvelous; surely one of our best memory making activities for our trip to San Diego!

1  Thank Sarah D