“So Much Fun! Even the teenager had fun.”

San Diego Sand Castles
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The best way to spend time on San Diego's beaches is by doing something unique - build a professional style sand castle! San Diego Sand Castles isn't a gallery, competition, or "thing to see" for public viewing (please don't come to our address expecting to see sand castles!) In fact, we're a far more interactive reservations-required beachside "thing to do" where your group gets to be the artists! San Diego Sand Castles specializes in sand castle lessons for people of all ages all year-round! Our sand castle lessons are a lot of fun, are educational, and a great way to spend time on the beach in San Diego. When the instructors aren't happily teaching sand castle lessons, they are often working on professional masterpiece commissioned sculptures or you can often find them creating their own unique ideas!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I booked this with JT--who was very responsive and easy to work with. I booked it for a Sunday afternoon for my 16 year old, my husband and me. My teenage daughter was pretty skeptical and even said, "I am just doing this for you mom." We all loved it!! The teenager was converted, posted pictures on Twitter and Instagram (implying true success) and my husband and I ad a blast too! When we first arrived, JT was doing a session with 2 children (probably 5 and 7) and they had a blast too. HIGHLY recommend this to everyone---visitor or resident of San Diego. If you time it to end at sunset, it is an added bonus.

1  Thank Barb Y
in 6 reviews
"whole family"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed January 11, 2014

2 seniors + 3 teenagers & JT - excellent. He was patient with the seniors dumping their castles & the teenager that wanted to do his own thing. Never rushed. Interesting. A great experience with a great guy!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

This is an excellent experience for my family, for both of my boys and the adults. JT is super nice to kids, very patient and meticulously explaining how everything should be done. He covered techniques from easy to advanced. It was definitely worth the money and time. Highly recommended.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Had an AMAZING time with JT. He is SUPER patient and EXTREMELY knowledgeable about sand castles. JT ensured my husband and I had an AMAZING time. He did a MAGNIFICENT job explaining all the intricate details to us. Throughout the process he also made time to stop and take pictures whenever we asked. Two hours flew by so fast. JT was a bit disappointed b/c we had to leave as he wanted to show us more tricks to building sand castles. I NEVER felt rushed EVER. I HIGHLY recommend JT to ANYONE thinking about engaging in this activity.

2  Thank mcneal15