“The best pizza in town!”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Milan, Italy
“The best pizza in town!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

I was there with my italian friends, we all agreed that pizza there was as good as pizza in italy. So we went there a few times in the next month.
Very good!

8 Thank Ric_trip99

San Diego, California
“This is the best pizza in town!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

Don’t even bother with Little Italy (we lived there for eleven years) and its crowds of tourists, mediocre food and frequently poor service. Bruno’s creates a classic Neapolitan pizza rapidly baked in an intensely hot, domed oven fueled by wood. The crust is thin, chewy and lightly charred; ingredients are classic, simple and very fresh; service is informed, friendly and prompt; beer selection is served ice-cold; wine selection also is very good. Try it and you’ll become a regular, just like us!

• Visited July 2014
5 Thank BackroadsExp
Chicago, Illinois
“Unassumingly great pizza place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

My husband and I visited Pizzeria Bruno after reading some great reviews on Trip Advisor and Yelp, and we were so glad they were true! This place has the best Neapolitan pizza outside of Italy.

The neighborhood isn't the fanciest and the restaurant itself is so-so, but the food and service are excellent.

Quick Tips:
Apparently they get very busy, so reservations are probably a good idea if you're going during the normal lunch and dinner rush hours.

They don't have a parking lot so you'll have to find street parking.

We were a bit late arriving, and their last seating is around 9:30pm. I felt a little rushed to place my order, so we started with an appetizer and glass of wine. I told my husband to go ahead and order his pizza of choice as I still hadn't decided. The waiter had warned me that they were taking final orders, and I told him I would let him know in a few minutes. Well, he never came back to tell me they shut the oven off so I never got to order my own pizza (that was the only downside of my visit here).

We started with the fresh mozzarella salad. It was decent, nothing special that I hadn't had at other restaurants. It was when the pizza arrived that my mouth began to water. My husband had ordered the Calabrese pizza without the meat. I felt bad as I knew my husband was starving and he could have easily finished the entire pizza, but I had a few slices and they were divine! The ingredients are super fresh, the dough is the perfect consistency of crispy and chewy and had the best char on it which you can only get from a specialty neapolitan oven.

Good job Pizzeria Bruno! I will definitely be back here the next time I'm in SD. Hoping it's a little warmer next visit so I can enjoy the cute patio seating!

• Visited June 2014
4 Thank Sonali K
“Yes please!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Great pizza dough. Ambiance casual. There was a pizza with spicy salami and spicy peppers. Delicious. Affordable. Go!

1 Thank Hope n Shelbo
London, Canada
“Neapolitan Pizza? This is THE place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

On a recent trip to San Diego I took my family to this place based on an internet article of the 38 best places to eat in SD.
This is a small, intimate setting, seemed to be mostly locals, many of whom were well acquainted with the staff. They had a great beer selection, solid wine selections, but not an overwhelming choice, and their prices were very reasonable. We had an antipasto plate, which even my kids loved! then we shared two pizzas. In a word, they were magnificent. Not overwhelmed with ingredients, but all the ingredients were very high quality. The crust was charred in spots, and had that perfect mouth feel - a little crispy, a little soft, a lot of phenomenal. We were just out for pizza at home the other night and my kids were saying that Bruno's was "the best pizza we've ever had".
Great food, good selection of libations, great service in a warm, friendly atmosphere. It's a can't miss formula and I will go back (I'd love to be on the patio in the summer). Well done folks!

• Visited February 2014