“Neapolitan Pizza? This is THE place!”

No photo provided
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
London, Canada
“Neapolitan Pizza? This is THE place!”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

On a recent trip to San Diego I took my family to this place based on an internet article of the 38 best places to eat in SD.
This is a small, intimate setting, seemed to be mostly locals, many of whom were well acquainted with the staff. They had a great beer selection, solid wine selections, but not an overwhelming choice, and their prices were very reasonable. We had an antipasto plate, which even my kids loved! then we shared two pizzas. In a word, they were magnificent. Not overwhelmed with ingredients, but all the ingredients were very high quality. The crust was charred in spots, and had that perfect mouth feel - a little crispy, a little soft, a lot of phenomenal. We were just out for pizza at home the other night and my kids were saying that Bruno's was "the best pizza we've ever had".
Great food, good selection of libations, great service in a warm, friendly atmosphere. It's a can't miss formula and I will go back (I'd love to be on the patio in the summer). Well done folks!

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank Scot A

Sacramento, California, USA
“Little place with a big flavor”
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

First night in San Diego, and not sure what to eat. Just happened to find this place. We ate the spicy salami. Thin crust and wonderful flavor. We look forward to coming back or ordering take out. It is small and very busy, but worth it.

1 Thank 282TimB
San Diego, California
“Delicious pizza”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I keep coming back for their great variety of pizzas. The quality of ingredients are quite good. It is a small restaurant so I would not want to go during a weekend evening. Their bruschetta is good but I prefer it to be crunchier. Look at their menu online and you will likely begin to salivate.. Or maybe I have an addiction to pizza. In any event, I highly recommend this place if you believe pizza is one of the best foods ever created.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Angelica S
San Diego, California
“buona pizza”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Being from Italy and living in SD I'm pretty skeptical and generally disappointed with the "Authentic Italian Pizza" claims with so many restaurants. But I was pleasantly surprised. The staff is actually Italian and the pizza is great - ordered my favorite, Margherita. I'm surprised there aren't more reviews but in a way happy so I can keep this place to myself!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Shadi25
Taos, NM
“Best Bufalo Mozzerella Pizza”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The best pizza in San Diego. They have two varieties that include Bufalo Mozzarella one with tomato sauce and without the sauce. They are expensive $18, but worth it for true Neopolitan Pizza.

Visited October 2013