“Excellent restaurant”

Acqua California Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Acqua California Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #349 of 4,894 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Description: Enjoy New American cuisine in this waterfront restaurant overlooking Mission Bay. Award-winning Executive Chef Hermann Schäfer brings culinary drama to his dishes, with an evolving seasonal menu. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are enjoyed indoors or on our patio. Our wine cellar boasts more than 3,000 bottles from Old World and New World wine makers. From the elegant Yellowfin Tuna Tartare, to classic comfort foods like our Kobe beef sliders, Acqua California Bistro has something that everyone can enjoy.
Reviewed December 10, 2013

The food and service was marvelous!! Staff were very accommodating! Being rainy while we were there, the staff kept us entertained and well fed.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Try the salami pizza. Delicious with arugula and goat cheese. One pizza for two and the California chicken salad was also very good.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

The food was just ok and the service was very slow. I had to ask three different servers for extra sauce for my pasta which I had asked to my original server when he had taken my order. One server even made the statement that he wasn't my server and that his taking my request was pretty much out of his way. To top it off, our final bill was incorrect.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

A great location watching the sun sink into the western horizon. The view was spectacular. The food on the other hand was mixed. The soup and salad were done well enough but the entres were mixed. The wienerschnizel was a little dry, the halibut portion was small but the scallopinied chicken was very good. The dresserts were very good. I don't understand the portions because when I ordered from the same kitchen for room service the pasta was enormous. The service was excellent and all the attendants performed their jobs well.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

The poached eggs on crab cakes with hollandaise sauce was delicious for breakfast! I had dinner here the last night of my stay. The steak & veggies was nice & service was good!