“Donut lovers heaven!”
Review of Donut Bar

Donut Bar
Ranked #1 of 70 Bakeries in San Diego
Cuisines: Cafe
Description: The Most Award Winning Donuts in the USA! Donut Bar was launched in San Diego in 2013 by Celebrity Chef Santiago Campa. In 2017 Chef Santiago announced expansion of his brand with franchise offerings. Donut Bar will be among the fastest growing new franchises with 12 destination locations scheduled to open in 2018.
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stumbled across this little shop by accident, noticing the long line (30+ people) on a Sunday morning! We knew then that we had to give it a try to see what the hype was about! We headed over at 8 AM on Monday morning before heading to the beach, and lo and behold, it was our lucky day! The line was 2 people deep and we actually waited IN the shop not along the side walk!

The donut creations are heavenly & super fun -- we loved the strawberry split with fresh strawberries and whipped cream, creme brulee (although the hard sugar topping I could do without) and the red velvet!! We also had the bubble gum, maple bacon and cake batter. My hubby had the sugar donut - which was a big as his face, but full of yummy goodness. Yes, even if it was 'just' a sugar donut! :)

They're very friendly in there, not sure what other reviewers experienced, but they were wonderful and super kind to my two daughters. Free donuts for kids too -- and on the day we stopped in, it happened to be Minecraft donuts, which couldn't be more perfect!

Try it -- every donut is $2-$3 and it's more about the fun, than it is the actual donut. I don't really like donuts, but the flavors were so neat, you just had to try a bite or two of each one!!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We found this place on trip advisor and decided to give it a try. I had a chocolate twix donut and my wife had a red velvet donut. They also had birthday cake, rootbeer float, and many other flavors. We got there around 10:00 am and there was still a good selection left.

Thank Jerrod and Trac... R
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Great donuts, the raised donuts were a bit thick for my liking, but they make a terrific maple bar so that passes the test in my book. If you like bold, stronger coffees though get your coffee elsewhere.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

We purchased a mixed variety of donuts. Many that I had never tried before. Very tasty. I loved the Maple bacon donut. MMMMM

Reviewed March 8, 2014

*+I stumbled upon this place while visiting my son who lives nearby. Had my younger son with me and he was in the mood for Belgian waffles. Rather than roaming around for waffles in San Diego, I convinced him that a donut would have to do and wandered in. Yes, they have donuts. Lots of them. Coconut, red velvet, chocolate fantasy, you name it. However, they also have Belgian waffles. Belgian waffles with fruit, whipped cream, and bacon. Not strips of bacon, but bacon on the inside. Big hit with us. They were excellent and huge. Big enough to share. Prepared by cute girls wearing cowboy hats they were helpful and polite. Great little place. We went every morning for four days. Never even had a donut, though they certainly looked terrific.