“Breakfast heaven for my 10 year old.”
Review of Donut Bar

Donut Bar
Ranked #1 of 69 Bakeries in San Diego
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed March 8, 2014

*+I stumbled upon this place while visiting my son who lives nearby. Had my younger son with me and he was in the mood for Belgian waffles. Rather than roaming around for waffles in San Diego, I convinced him that a donut would have to do and wandered in. Yes, they have donuts. Lots of them. Coconut, red velvet, chocolate fantasy, you name it. However, they also have Belgian waffles. Belgian waffles with fruit, whipped cream, and bacon. Not strips of bacon, but bacon on the inside. Big hit with us. They were excellent and huge. Big enough to share. Prepared by cute girls wearing cowboy hats they were helpful and polite. Great little place. We went every morning for four days. Never even had a donut, though they certainly looked terrific.

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

These donuts are the best! They post their menu the night before on fb and Instagram. I had the maple and daughter had Samoa. Tasted like a real Girl Scout Samoa cookie!!!

Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

We drove all the way downtown for a family Valentine's treat and got in line at 8:00. By the time we got in, all that was left was the special Valentine's box with 3 beautifully decorated but sickeningly sweet frosted donuts. It was $15 for 3 donuts and they were nothing special. I would gladly pay $5 a piece for something really good, but I've had much better donuts at many other places in SD. Just raised donuts with lots of frosting. I feel totally ripped off. We were told we needed to order ahead to get the interesting flavors we wanted. Wish we knew that before.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

It seems crazy to get up at 7:00 to wait in line for a box of donuts but let me tell you that it was absolutely worth the wait!!
First off, the donuts are wicked good. The salted caramel and the PB&J are amazing. And don't even get me started on the strawberry split. It's literally like you've died on gone to heaven.
Second, the beautiful gals behind the counter are extraordinarily sweet, patient and helpful.
So to anyone debating waking up at the crack of dawn to go to Donut Bar, I'd highly advise wearing sweatpants because you'll leave with a very full and very happy stomach.
We love you Donut Bar!!!

2  Thank MScott11
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Words can't describe how awesome this little donut shop is! The staff is friendly and the donuts are tasty.

1  Thank SanDiegoGuy12345