“Sweet AND Quirky Surprise”

Los Panchitos Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #1,143 of 5,272 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed December 27, 2016

Only 3 tables in this place but it was a great surprise.The food was Zagat rated and worth that sometimes dubious distinction.My huge breakfast burrito was sooo delicious.The counter guy recommended the bacon potatoes and pork..SOOO good again..My wifes veggie breakfast was also very good.Met some interesting people at those 3 tables.People giving us directions and advice for the area.Would love to be there now soaking up the California vibe.

Reviewed May 22, 2016

Unfortunately this restaurant is closed and a new fire station will be erected in it's place. There is another location in San Diego which I have not been to.

Reviewed November 19, 2015

Wanted a light, late lunch to tide us over until a late dinner and this place filled the bill. The decor is nothing to write home about - looks like an old fast food place. The staff were nice and friendly. I hasd the grilled fish taco - delish! My husband had the three mini tacos (u can order three different kinds) that were very good. They have beer but we had soft drinks. Open Late. There is a very small fixings table which is easy to overlook (like I did) with various sauces. etc. The food and prices can't be beat. Across from the Jack In The Box and a block from Residence Inn and Days Inn.

Reviewed August 5, 2015 via mobile

Literally the best food I've ever eaten... Not fancy or high grade but delicious. I ate here at-least once everyday I was in San Diego! It's open late which is fab! Great if you're on a budget as well... Inexpensive and 100% worth it! Now stop reading reviews and go buy a burrito!!

Reviewed July 22, 2015

My buddies and I were looking to grab some food after a concert that ended at around 11:30pm on Friday night. We didn't actually leave the venue until around 1am. So, we needed a place that stayed open late, and we were craving Mexican food. Our Uber driver recommended Los Panchitos. So, I looked it up on Yelp, but it had a low star count. So, we were skeptical, but we figured we'd try it anyway. The low star count was totally ridiculous. I had a surf and turf burrito and a quesadilla, and I had a few bites of their California burrito. They were all OUT OF THIS WORLD DELICIOUS, and it was SUPER CHEAP! I would have ordered more food if I didn't know I'd have to walk back to my hotel around the corner. I'll definitely be going back the next time I'm in Downtown San Diego looking for some late night snacks.