“Best Sail Charter in Southern California!”

Saltie Charters Private Sailing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore beautiful San Diego Bay and the near coastal waters of Southern California with Saltie Charters, San Diego's best sailing experience. Popular cruise options are day sails, sunset cruises, and Whale/Dolphin watching. Other cruise options include sailing lessons, proposals, ash scattering, and corporate team building. We will customize any cruise to fit your parties’ needs.
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Recommended by friends, I booked a voyage on Saltie Charters for something fun to do with friends visiting from out of town. As the reviews are all fantastic, I decided to give Saltie a shot.

The cruise was the 'little bit of heaven' that everyone should experience. The views of San Diego were incredible and we even bumped into a pod of dolphins! Captain Brock was professional, curious, very knowledgeable, and he didn’t mind that we jumped in to swim with the dolphins. The boat was clean, spacious and well maintained.

Overall, the whole process with Saltie Charters was fantastic - from the planning phase, to the actual trip, to the crew helping us carry items to/from the dock. I would recommend this cruise to both locals looking for a unique date or daytime activity and visitors wishing to view this beautiful portion of California's coast. Thank you, Brock, for making our sail so special. Saltie Charters is the best sail charter in San Diego!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

It was on my wish list to go sailing on this trip to San Diego as I live in Houston where the weather is incredibly hot and there is no scenery to speak of. This experience was everything I had hoped for and so much more. Brock was so engaging, knowledgeable, and friendly. He taught us about sailing and showed us so many memorable things including subs, naval aircraft, and my most favorite site, the sea lions. It was a relaxing, peaceful, and beautiful sunset cruise and I would highly recommend Brock on a sailing excursion. I can't wait to try whale watching next time!!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Captain Brock and Saltie Charters gave our family of four (including my little boys ages 5 & 7) an amazing experience sailing on San Diego Bay. The boat was clean & comfortable with the added extra of a beanbag at the head of the boat for lounging. All of us got to steer the boat, and Brock pointed out all of the local points of interest. Brock was a consummate professional and very flexible with two active boys running all over the boat. Price was extremely reasonable given the experience. Highly recommeded for a small, intimate private charter!!!!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

Saltie Charters was the perfect way to spend a Saturday afternoon. Brock the captain greeted us with a smile and handed us a drink as we entered the boat. The sun was shining brightly and the route was an incredible balance between seeing the gorgeous city of San Diego while also experiencing amazing wildlife including exotic birds, sea lions, and dolphins. Brock's warm personality was an excellent fit for our group. I highly recommend him and this tour to anyone wanting to see the best side of San Diego!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I booked a charter on Saltie to spend the day on the water with some clients. Captain Brock made us feel right at home and my clients had a blast. We saw whales, seals, submarines, lighthouses and more. Captain Brock ensured that the boat was stocked with wine and champagne which made it easy for us. Since my first booking on Saltie, I have booked this boat at least once a month as I find it the best/ most creative way to keep my clients happy while having an amazing time!