“Absolutely delicious”

Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Bloomington, Indiana
“Absolutely delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

I flew in really late and was looking for a quick bite. A quick search for late night eateries brings up gang kitchen asian fusion restaurant. As a fan of asian and fusion I was immediately drawn to it.

It was Friday night and I went to the place it had a really cool industrial look. I sat at a pretty full bar and decided to order the Pork Belly Tacos and man I am so glad I did. These tacos are undeniably one of the best things I have eaten in asian fusion food or otherwise. The belly is cooked to perfection and it literally melts in your mouth. I was still hungry and decided to get the wings which was really good as well. Couple of summer ales to wash it down and I was really happy.
The food impressed me so much I decided to go back the next day and basically let the bartender order for me from the happy hour menu. I got the firecracker rolls, sesame crusted edamame and the ribs . And once again they delivered, I ate everything and was really happy.

The staff is really friendly and basically awesome.

• Visited July 2014

Signal Hill, California, United States
“Too Cool for School”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

We checked into our hotel (Marriott Gaslamp) and went walking to find our favorite cupcake shop (Heavenly Cupcakes). No sooner had we walked 50 feet, we came upon blacked out windows with a paper menu tacked to the wall. I stopped because this place hadn't been here the last time we stayed at the Marriott. We read the menu and all sounded very good. We decided to alreayd try it for dinner when a guy popped out the side door and introduced himself and told us to come back for happy hour when the open at 4:00 PM.

We went there for dinner around 5:30 - still happy hour - and the place was very cool. Mostly a blank warehouse space but done to be hip and welcoming once the large glass doors are opened.

We ordered Bacon Fried Rice (not to be missed), ribs (also fantastic), grilled veggies, and spring rolls. EVERYTHING was delicious, fresh and service was spot on.

The Padres were playing the night we were there and folks were walking past to te stadium. I woud bet Gang Kitchen is a great post-game hang-out. We will definitely be back!

• Visited June 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Delicious, fresh meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

We enjoyed a delicious meal with fresh ingredients and good service. I especially enjoyed the sweet potato spring rolls - yum!

Visited June 2014
Calgary, Canada
“A pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

At first, we didn't think we'd like this place (it doesn't look like much from the outside), but the food was really good. I had a salad made of kale, quinoa, and crushed cashews which was very tasty and filling. The kale had been cooked so that it wasn't mushy but had lost the strong taste that sometimes makes kale unappealing. My husband had pork belly pad Thai and loved it. There was a nice assortment of wines. The music was really good, but not so loud that we couldn't carry on a conversation. All in all, this restaurant was a pleasant surprise.

• Visited May 2014
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“Great happy hour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

I went for happy for hour and you must try the Lady Snowblood cocktail, it had fresh strawberries and the drink was awesome so I had two! The appetizers are discounted so I ordered the spicy tuna tartare and the bacon fried rice. The tuna was absolutely delicious, not too spicy, just right. The fried rice was good but surprisingly not bursting with flavor considering it had lots of bacon in it. I just added a little siracha and that did the trick. I would highly recommend going for happy hour to try a few different things at a low price. The tuna portion was appetizer size but the fried rice came in a large bowl and was very filling so that was dinner for me and I left full.

Visited April 2014