“Good, cheap food”

Punjabi Tandoor
Ranked #937 of 4,933 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have been to this location when I have traveled to San Diego on multiple business visits. The people that own the place have remembered me and are always courteous (I have noticed they provide the same treatment to others). Their food is very cheap and it taste very good. I have gone on different days of the week and the place is always packed. I definitely recommend it to someone looking to try something close to authentic dhaba (restaurants on highways of India) style food.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

It's always crowded and tucked away in an office park. There is only a little bit of seating inside and a little more outside. But the testament to this restaurant is the patient queue; the trays passing by and the brown takeout bags flying to the parking lot.

Really - this place has no charm or decorative ambiance...it is just an upgraded kitchen and takeout with a very limited menu. So, keep the expectations simple and you too will be surprised at the homestyle samosa, curry, masala, tandoor or vindalu.
It's one of my favorite places for biryani.

Overall - It is reasonably priced, large portions and a local treasure. The kitchen is busy like a truck-stop and the food comes out hot and fresh. We have tried all the vegetarian and curry dishes - with good satisfaction.

We are very grateful it's in our neighborhood.

4  Thank TouringTales
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I went here for lunch this week. It's been a while since I've eaten at an Indian restaurant. One of my friends worked near here so they picked this place out. There is no way I would have found it if they didn't tell me about it as it's literally in the middle of an office park. It seemed out of place to have a restaurant here.

The restaurant itself was nothing special. They only had a few chairs inside and a few chairs outside as well. The worst thing is they didn't have much at all from the menu. I took a look at the menu online before coming but don't make the mistake of thinking that extensive menu is available.

I've never been to an Indian restaurant that didn't even have Chicken Tikka Masala. (They had it on the menu but the lady said they didn't make it there). I guess it was only available at one of their other locations. It was a bummer that their menu was so limited.

It wasn't anything special and I wouldn't repeat based on their very limited menu.

5  Thank saintba