“Better Than Expected”

Marina Restaurant
Ranked #1,443 of 5,557 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 26, 2017

Shortly after arriving in San Diego and checking into the Marriott Hotel we wandered into the hotel restaurant for lunch. The restaurant was stylish and seating was plentiful. We chose to sit at the bar so that we could watch a college football game during lunch.
The staff was very accommodating and found the game we requested which quickly appeared right before us at the bar. The menu looked ambitious but we were feeling adventurous. We both ordered the soup of the day which was an absolutely fabulous New England Clam Chowder. It was creamy and filled with clams and bacon. My wife had the grilled asparagus salad which was topped with an egg and I had the Ruben sandwich. Both of our selections were flavorful and exceeded expectations.
I am not usually a fan of hotel restaurants, but I would surely make another stop at the Marina restaurant on a future trip to San Diego. If you're ever in town stop by, you can thank me later.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed June 13, 2017

Stayed at the Marriott so this was an easy choice. We ate at the bar from the bar menu and found it very comfortable. American and continental favorites. Decor is contemporary and down played. Service was excellent. Food was expensive but well prepared and presented. I would not call this a destination restaurant but if you are staying at the Marriott or nearby it is a good choice.
We also had breakfast daily buffet prix fix that was expensive but well done.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed March 19, 2017

I can't comment on more than the bar, which was very nice with ample seating. What you would expect from a high end Marriott. Service was very good and they had a good beer selection that was reasonably priced. Had some tasty popcorn to snack on as well. Plenty of TV's at the bar and lots of seating around the room with waitress service. I did not order any food.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed March 16, 2017 via mobile

While staying at this Marriott for a conference had 2 meals here with my wife. Lunch of seafood salad...little seafood, wilted lettuce...not good. French dip and fries very good...large portion. Waiter, Ibarra was excellent. Dinner included the tortilla soup...asked if it was chicken or tomato based...told it was chicken...not true...was terrible. No one asked if we enjoyed the soup. Rack of lamb was very good. Local vegetables were very nice. Had a bottle of champagne (domestic)...over-priced.
With so many restaurants nearby, eat elsewhere. Also the restaurant was very noisy with many screaming kids not interested in eating!

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed July 20, 2016

The Marina Kitchen Restaurant was inside the San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina. I usually hate hotel restaurants, but this one was really good. Nice bar area and lounge and nice dining area, all of which overlooks the vast pool area. I ate there several times and didn't have a bad meal once!

Date of visit: July 2016