“Sushi on Vacation”

Sushiya
Ranked #391 of 4,853 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Recently I went to visit friends in San Diego. They wanted to take me to a different place for Sushi but I really wanted to see some tide pools. We stopped here without them or I having ever been there before. We sat at the bar and had a great time,our server was friendly and attentive, the food was out fast, looked great and had a lot of flavor. It was obvious that it was fresh. To top it off it was happy hr so all of our rolls were 1/2 off!!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

NO wait at all, friendly service. The rolls were so good and reasonably priced. The only downside is that there was not a full bar. I would have liked a fruity drink after a day at the beach. We wished we would have had another occasion to return. Go here, you'll love it.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

We started coming here because I LOVED Seau's sushi bar and they closed down. It doesn't have the same awesome vibe as the sushi bar, and its VERY small, so if their tables are packed, you have to wait around a little. Luckily that doesn't happen much and the sushi is out fresh and fast.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Our dinner was most enjoyable, with great service, flavor and value.
The place was full, and we dined outside. The staff set up heaters as the wind was a bit chilly, and the attention continued.
The mahi mahi platter was superb, with generous portions and cooked to perfection. The teriyaki salmon was somewhat light on flavor, but good. The gyoza and harumaki add-ons to the platters were not to miss, great flavor and presentation. The cut rolls were big and tasty, and we recommend the spider roll and the rainbow roll.
You will enjoy this place.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is my favorite sushi getaway in San Diego! The fish is fresh, tasty and the portions are good enough to fill your hungry appetite. One of my favorites is the spider roll, it's filled with california roll and fried soft shell crab wrapped with soy paper (it's the pink one in the picture). Another favorite is the pokie roll. If you like poke (pronounced pokie in Hawai'i) you'll love this roll. Their sushi always has a nice presentation which shows they have pride in their service. The restaurant is up-to-date, flat screen TV's everywhere, plays great edgy music and has a great atmosphere. Conveniently located in Liberty Station, Point Loma. Service is great and helpful if you can't decide on what to order. Cost is competitive but not to worry.....some of their rolls are 1/2 off!!!