Open today: 9:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Wild ride

In April I booked a one hour flight with this aircraft including a pilot. He included a few... read more

Reviewed May 29, 2019
PeterDad
Great experience and a one of a kind San Diego Tour

I stumbled across the Sky Tours in TripAdvisor and based on the reviews my expectations where... read more

Reviewed April 20, 2019

from $28.00
from $55.00
from $89.60
More Info
All reviews open cockpit bi plane air combat pilot jim air tour thrilling ride an amazing experience bucket list private tour la jolla maneuvers biplanes sights coastline formations adrenaline aviator
Selected filters
Reviewed February 19, 2017

I flew with Peter today in a Biplane, what an amazing experience! Such a fun pilot. I was so impressed with how friendly everyone was that I spoke with. They were incredibly accommodating with getting me in on such short notice. They had such a wonderful lounge in the hanger that everyone can relax in and have a beer! It was a beautiful way to see the city and coast not to mention such a unique experience! Don't think twice, just do it! Feeling the wind in the Biplane is not like flying any other way. Definitely get the Gopro video, great to share after! It's hard to describe how great it is without it, totally worth it! Will be booking again.

Date of experience: February 2017
Reviewed January 31, 2017

Steve, Phil,

Thank you BOTH for the amazing flight that I had, I will never forget the experience of that flight , it really is a different kind of flying when your seating in an open cockpit biplane and wind in your face it is truly FLYING thanks again Phil and Steve I had a great time.
DAD

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed January 30, 2017

excellent service, great experience, highly recommend it, smooth ride
it was my bday and i would do it again
lovely weather, great views
Erich was very nice and had good information to share

Date of experience: January 2017
ErichM549, Manager at San Diego Sky Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2017

Marcella, thank you for the feedback. I enjoyed meeting you!

Reviewed January 15, 2017

We booked this as a Christmas present for my 81 year old mother. The day before I had been on a tandem skydive where it was like a conveyor belt - literally, you felt like another cheque being processed. Sky Tours was the exact opposite. The office at Montgomery airport was very easy to find and our pilot Earl was there to meet us. We were the only people there, so my Mum felt extra special.

There are lots of companies offering biplane flights around San Diego. However, we chose Sky Tours because they seemed to have the most modern planes and had very experienced ex-fighter pilots. NB Please be careful if you book via Trip Advisor as we were then forwarded to another site (Aviator?) who will try and book you with other companies, even though you selected Sky Tours on Trip Advisor. If they offer you flights with two passengers in the plane - its not Sky Tours!

My mum has an artificial knee and hip joint, so we were slightly worried about getting in and out of the aircraft. However, with a little help, she managed fine and Earl gave her a booster cushion so that she had a good view.

She looked a real WW1 ace with the leather flying cap and goggles and was up in the air in no time. It was a clear bright December day, so she had a fantastic trip round San Diego and views of the coast. She really enjoyed being able to hear the flight comms with air traffic control and Earl was an excellent guide. She hadn't enjoyed a helicopter ride because it was so noisy, but said that that this wan't a problem in the biplane.

After the flight, mum said that it was her highlight of our 3 week visit to California (Disneyland was 2nd). I am only sorry I didn't have time to go up myself - I would have loved the dog fight!

Opportunity to make the trip extra special: Earl took some photos on his phone which he emailed to us. It would be great if Sky tours could mount a couple of GoPro cameras on their planes. They could then sell visitors the memory cards at a reasonable price. The cameras could be permanently mounted, but passengers could rotate them and choose when to film. One could be set to video and one set for stills.

Excellent trip - highly recommended.

Date of experience: December 2016
Reviewed January 4, 2017

This was a lot of fun, Erich was a great guide. Well worth the price, I took the coastal tour saw the Midway museum and all the way to Torrey Pines by air. It was overcast so I was afraid it would be freezing and foggy but it was all good, no problems at all, I also didn't get air sick, it was a smooth flight.
Additionally, I'm chubby and disabled and I was helped into the passenger seat without difficulty.

Date of experience: December 2016
ErichM549, Manager at San Diego Sky Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2017

Thank you! Mission accomplished. Thank you so much Leslie for flying with us, and would love to see you visit us again! Erich