“Special appetizers served with spirits. ”
Review of Monello

Monello
Reserve with OpenTable
Monello is not available through our online partner for your requested time.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #124 of 5,674 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Kettner
Transit: MTS Transit Trolley Stop Green Line: County Center/Little Italy
Reviewed February 6, 2019 via mobile

Each round of drinks were accompanied by, at no extra cost, a variety of special and tasty small bites of Italian foods. Superbly delicious!

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed January 20, 2019 via mobile

My wife came across this place and saw the menu. We drove from LA to SD to have this meal.

Service was excellent. Atmosphere excellent. Marinara and ragu sauce excellent.

I had the osso buco. Three small bones with lots of flavor and a little too much fat. Still very good.

My wife had the gnocchi. It was heavy and dense...you had to chew instead of it melting in your mouth. Still very good even though the gorgonzola wasnt very strong.

The calamari was good but have had better at many places.

Drinks were made perfectly. Definitely a 4.5 star but not good enough to give 5.

Always dissappointed to pay for bread...$2 for a good fresh sesame, olive loaf.

Highlight was the red sauces... marinara best I ever had.

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed January 1, 2019 via mobile

Wife and I love this place. Fresh everything. Fun at the bar sampling the appetizers and eventually eating. Clean friendly fast little Italy’s best pasta

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed December 31, 2018

Although we had reservations we arrived early and were seated within 5 minutes. Our waitress was a delight and we ordered a variety of food, all of which was excellent and superb. Wine was so good we ordered a second bottle. This place is a must for any special event. All on one floor, not like it's counterpart, Bonecotti, next door. It tends to be noisy but we ate in a corner around from the entrance which mitigated the noise.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed December 3, 2018 via mobile

We had a great experience here. We were in Little Italy and had not decided where to dine. We have heard many great thing about Monello. We had no reservations and had to wait an hour but it was well worth the wait.

The restaurant itself is in Little Italy and parking may be a bit hard at times. This is one of the busier areas of San Diego especially during the weekends. However most of the time we just park at the parking garage or paid parking. Being a native San Diegan, I have eaten at most of the restaurants in Little Italy. The restaurant itself is nicely decorated and comfortable but a bit cozy when they are busy. They do have a small outdoor seating area as well.

The food was wonderful and was very authentic. I opted to have the Oscoboco which was great . Probably one of the best that I have ever had. My partner tried the Squid ink pasta with lobster. I am not a big seafood person but the dish tastes delicious.

The best part about this restaurant was the staff. They were very informative about the menu when we had questions. They were also attentive but not to overbearing. The staff seem to work as a team.

Overall we had an awesome experience. The restaurant was beautifully decorated, the staff was wonderful, and best of all the food was delicious. The wait was worth the time we had at Monello. This restaurant is busy and popular so it would be best to make reservations if you intend to dine here.

Date of visit: September 2018