“food is great....”
Review of Hard Rock Cafe

Hard Rock Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Hard Rock Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #258 of 4,753 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: In the 1900's, the Golden Lion Tavern drew people to the Gaslamp Quarter for fun and frivolity, and history hasn't changed much! Here it is less than a century later, and that same location has become a Hard Rock Cafe. The Cafe's cozy confines will wash all that local culture out of your head in no time, allowing you to fill it with important rock 'n' roll history and trivia. Ask about a Memorabilia tour!!!
Netherlands
“food is great....”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

..but it is a bit embarrassing if 3 people say they are your waiter.
Music was WAY too loud, and something has to be done about the sound quality.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank DutchTravelagent
HardRock619, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for your review of our cafe from back in 2012. I can see how having 3 different servers would be way too mucdh for any of our guest. I do apologize for your experience. I am glad to hear that the food was great during your visit. The next time you are in San Diego stop by for a "VIP" experience.

Scott Brokaw
San Diego GM
San Diego_GM@hardrock.com
(619)615-7625

Preston
“Food wasnt very good”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Myself & 3 friends visited this Hard Rock on Wednesday evening 12-09-2012.
Restaurant was typical Hard Rock, nothing wrong there.
Ordered drinks, then food.
Ok up to now. Food arrived
My wifes steak was tough, My pulled Chicken Sandwich was just big chunks of brown chicken meat that was a bit dry. I wasnt offered a Knife with my food & my wife had a blunt steak knife.
I am not a complainer so we put up with it.
When the check arrived we had been charged for the glasses our drinks came in, We never asked to keep the glasses so I mentioned this to our waiter.
He stated that if you buy the large beer (1 Pint ) you have to have the glass as well. I told him we didnt want the glasses & asked him to remove them from the bill. He said he would have to ask his manager. Eventually they were removed apart from our friends Margreta glass which he said couldnt be removed so we had to pay for this.
Personally if I want to buy a glass I will go to the shop & buy one.
Not be forced into buying something I dont want.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank bobonusa
HardRock619, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Thank you for your visit to the Hard Rock Cafe San Diego and for your feedback concerning your visit. I am incredibly appalled and sorry to hear about the details of your visit as it is not the level of service Hard Rock is known for, nor is it our personal level of service. I would greatly like to rectify this situation and would appreciate the opportunity to show you the service we are known for, and that you deserve. If you would please contact me at the number or email address listed below, I assure you I will make this right for you. Thank you once again for your feedback as it will help better my business. I appreciate you taking the time, as well as your business.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Wolfeboro, New Hampshire
“Locate din the Gaslamp District.”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

It's fun to see these cafe's in different cities, and to chat with the bartender about the area. We stopped by to get the requisite shot glass and guitar pin and then sat at the bar to have a couple drinks and small snack. It was quite hot outside, and nice and cool inside, so we hung out a while. I have to say that this was the least talkative and friendly bar tender I have ever run across at any HRC (and I have been to over 40 of them). It was not all that busy, and he did mention that he was a San Diego native. But he was not chatty to say the least. Still, the memorabilia can't be beat.

Visited September 2012
Thank you for visiting the Hard Rock Cafe San Diego and more importantly, for your feedback. I am sincerely sorry to hear about your experience at the bar as it is not our personal standard, nor is it the standard of service the Hard Rock is known for. I would love to discuss your experience and the opportunity to make this right. If you would please contact me at either the number or email below, I personally guarantee to do so. Thank you again for your feedback and for visiting the Hard Rock Cafe San Diego.

Best Regards,
Hardrock Cafe San Diego
Vladivostok, Russia
“Nice cafe and good service”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Cafe is located in downtown and offers very testy dishes and provides good service. Staff is skilled and kind. Shop offers goods for your memory about Hard Rock Cafe visit. I bought very nice T-shirt for my daughter and beer glass.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Oleg S
Thank you so much for reviewing us and for visiting our cafe. You took some very beautiful pictures and I hope you walked away with great memories to match. I hope your daughter enjoys her shirt! Hope to see you in our doors again in the future!

Safe Travels,
Uckfield, UK
“Love Hard Rock cafe, but service not up to the usual standard”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I have loved every Hard Rock cafe experience so far. This one was like the others, except we had a waitress who was pretty unfriendly and disappointingly unhelpful when we were trying to find something suitable for our friend's very clearly disabled son. Such a shame, as the greeting and the tour around the restaurant and memorabilia really were upto the usual excellent service. The food and ambience were also as great as we had expected.

• Visited August 2012
HardRock619, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
First off thank you so much for visiting us and more importantly for providing us with truly honest feedback. I am very sorry to hear about the details or your experience and can assure you, that is not the experience or level of service Hard Rock is known for. Nor is it the personal standard we strive for.

I would love to discuss your visit and ensure that I will make this right for you. If you would please contact me at the email address or number provided below, I will rectify the situation.

Thank you again, for your feedback and I look forward to hearing from you.