“Food is Tops; Current Construction is the Negative”

The Cheesecake Factory
Ranked #7 of 155 Dessert in San Diego
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Mission Valley / Hotel Circle
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Met a friend for lunch and asked to be seated outdoors. Per our request, the grit was cleaned from the table, but then, we couldn't believe that a construction worker held up a piece of plastic next our table so that another worker could use a Skil saw, also next to us - ! This was enough. We moved indoors. My advice is to look for the construction crane when you enter the mall for the restaurant. If it's still there, eat indoors until they finish enlarging their outdoor seating space. Food and service are unchanged; both excellent.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

The Cheesecake Factory is one of my favorite places to go for dinner. Dined at the bar one night, and was very lucky to walk right up and find two seats open. The bartender was very attentive and sat us up for menus and our drink order right away. The drinks were very good and the food came relatively quick. The server had just sat down my appetizers and salad when the bartender immediately noticed it was the wrong salad, told the server which one to bring, and apologized to me making sure to let me know it had been his mistake in ordering the wrong salad. The correct salad appeared almost immediately, and was excellent. All the food we had was excellent in presentation, taste, and quality. Service superb. Definitely will be back again.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

The night we dined here we managed to get a table straight away and our waitress was really great. The restaurant was really busy so I think we were just lucky to get a table quite quickly. We only ordered small meals because they are huge here. We had 1 piece of cheesecake between 3 of us, and that was heaps. It was delicious and they have lots to choose from. Kids loved it.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

The food was very good but the desserts were overpriced. Why don't they sell smaller dessert portions-especially the cheesecake. I ordered the chocolate Sunday but then it came, our waitress apologized saying that the brownie Sunday no longer came with ice cream-which is a type of oxymoron I think! The people who were taking us tried to make reservations for 20 but were told no and that a wait of 2+ hours still would not guarantee any type of seats together! Finally 5 of us stayed while the rest of our party went to another restaurant.

Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

This is my 3rd. visit to this place and i must say that it is delicious!!! I love the food, service and ambiance... Although it is expensive considering that have to save room for a dessert (with a wide options to choose) I recommend this place specially for the section of their menu named SKINNYLICIOUS, which is a combination of existing menu items and some newly designed under 650 calories.
Overall, this is a place everyone must go, even for a dinner, grab a pair of cocktails, for a slice of one of their famous cheesecakes or the whole service!!!