“All the elements- but the food”

Morton's - The Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Morton's - The Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #256 of 4,960 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 2nd & 3rd Streets
Transit: Trolley stop
Description: Morton's The Steakhouse, the nation's premier steakhouse group, specializes in classic, hearty fare, serving generous portions of USDA prime aged beef, as well as fresh fish, lobster and chicken entrees. The menu, which is the same at all locations, features a variety of favorite cuts, including a 24 ounce porterhouse, which is the house specialty; a 16 ounce New York Strip and a 12 ounce double cut filet.
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My wife and I visited this location and found the ambiance, management, and wait staff excellent, but found the food wanting. No wow factor, just average. Flavor of steaks lacking, much in need of more seasoning. All ingredients there for success, but preparation of food needs attention to rise to level of cost.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

From the moment I arrived there was something comfortable and welcoming about this place. When on the road, I always end up at the local Morton's because I know the quality and service will be consistent and reliable.

This restaurant is no exception. From the moment I arrived until I walked out the door, the friendliness and care by the staff was spectacular. My Morton's salad was perfect-- almost like a Caesar with more flair-- and my steak nothing less than perfect.

Can't recommend this highly enough.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

some people have complaine about minor changes to music and presentation the one thing that has not changed is there incredible service and food, our waiter alfonso was great we first had the hot platter which had oyster rockefeller, shrimp alexander, crabcake and bacon wrapped scallop all were very good, my wife had lobster bisque and i had chopped salad, once again awesome , my wife had cajun ribeye and i had chicago style bone in ribeye, both incredible, we had a great bottle of justin cab and shared a great legendary choc cake, incredible in every way.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Very disappointed in their happy hour menu. They advertise on the bar menu for a black Angus burger with steak fries. No beef on the burger and tiny shoestring fries. I asked Josh where are the steak fries. He said we don't have that type of fry. i pointed to the menu on the wall. No answer. I told him they need to correct their menu. Friday 2/22/13.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

This has been one of the best dining experiences I’ve had in a long while. It started w/a short wait in the bar area with a couple who had joined me based on my having challenged them to evaluate Morton's against the other upscale steakhouses in San Diego. The cocktails and appetizers ordered were spot on as was the service by the server. We then transitioned into the dining room where once again the service was nearly perfect. However, the most important aspect of the dinner obviously the meat. It was the most perfectly seasoned cooked steak I've ever had. We tried one of the other upscale steakhouses a few nights later and the general consensus was that Morton's overall had provided the best dining experience.

1  Thank mesheets

Been to Morton's - The Steakhouse? Share your experiences!