“Benihana rarely disappoints”
Review of Benihana

Benihana
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #546 of 5,141 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Mission Valley / Hotel Circle
Cross street: 8 FWY and 163 FWY
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I had a craving for Benihana because I just wanted some fresh grilled food and great drinks. It was date night with the hubby. Benihana never disappoints. This time I ordered the seared ahi tuna. Other people at my table were so impressed with the way it was prepared and were even mad they didn't order the same than the typical steak and shrimp that everyone always gets. It was so delicious and fresh. We had great company and a funny chef. I'm so glad that I made reservations though. On a Sunday early evening at 4PM, the next walk in reservation for a grill table wasn't until 7:30PM! Until next time....

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Our family went to Benihana for our grandson's 8th birthday recently. We'd been there before maybe 2 years ago and had fun. This time all the fun was gone. The cooks lacked showmanship and playfulness. The food was bland and expensive. Lousy value for the money. We'll not be returning.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

If you want to sit down around the teppanyaki area, you should make a reservation.
We did not make reservation so we sat down at bar/sushi area. The service was excellent, food was good.

Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

We were a party of six and because the table seats eight they sat two complete strangers at our table. It would have nice to at least let us know in advance. Food was ok waiter was not very helpful. The cook was entertaining.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Having been to many Beni's across the country, I am sad to say that this San Diego location would have me choose another place for a fun adult birthday dinner. The wait staff and support staff of the bar and waiting area were deplorable and the tables and environment were just dirty. When I asked the manager about my upcoming reservation, I was told to go back to where I was waiting and just wait! Once inside the "Arena", things got better as they always entertain in there. The wait staff inside were very friendly and helpful. Our chef was less than pleasing as he kept messing up all his tricks chalking it up to him having to much saki last night. I cant imagine any reason to return here and would not recommend it to anyone. And as is always the case at Benihana, the check was astronomical,(But usually worth it).