“French toast!!!”

Spice House Cafe
Ranked #2,101 of 4,853 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed April 17, 2013

The best French toast of your life! And it's not expensive! Decor is old but who cares? Come here hungry and for breakfast. the French toast is so good I want to die in it!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Do you want large portions of good comfort food, at a reasonable cost, by a friendly staff, in an authentic 1980s diner? If yes, go to the Spice House Café. The food is always good and the menu, well plan on getting there early to give yourself time to read the entire menu. Not only will you find "American" food, but don't forget the Greek items as well as the Mexican items. The owner is Greek so, the Greek items are not to be missed.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Perfect location, in busy Clairemont Mesa. Breakfasts are generous, hearty, with an international flair. My favorites are the Greek-inspired breakfast options...yum!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

The service was great Strawberry French toast combo was very satisfying cozy cafe friendly waiters i must try again.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is more of a traditional style café with a wide array of breakfast and lunch food choices. Pancakes, eggs, sandwiches, greek food, meatloaf...and the menu list goes on and one. You want a filling meal? This is the place.

You can tell the locals dine here on a very regular basis - which is always where an out-of-towner wants to be. I had the most massive french toast slices I've ever seen in my life. No joke - they were at least 2.5 inches thick. Everything I ate was yummy and our waitress was a lot of fun to talk to.

I overate a little, but I don’t care. If someone made an amazing breakfast\brunch spread for me every day, I would be a happier human being (smile).