“Portable and affordable empanadas!”
Review of Papa Luna's - CLOSED

Papa Luna's
Cuisines: Argentinean
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

This place was recommended to us by JT, our sand castle building teacher from Sand Diego Sandcastles. And it did not disappoint! I loved the Jamon and Cheese. They offer meat, veggie, or sweet "hot pocket" empanadas. The Nutella and Banana was also fantastic.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I was in Pacific Beach today, wanting a quick snack, when I spotted a sign for Papa Luna's. The only other word on the sign was "Empanadas." I'm sure Papa Luna's serves other items , but I came for the main event, and was not disappointed. Thought I'd try one to walk with, then took one hot bite of the meal sized 'Pollo' empanada. I had to walk back to my car to savor every hot, delicious bite. meaty, very good crust and super flavorful. Returned to shop, shortly after consumption (or inhaling), and bought four more (cold this time to avoid the hazard of being distracted while eating one on the way home.) I bought the Philly cheesesteak, the spinach (garlic, onion, and Boursin), another 'Pollo', and the Kickin' Chicken. YUMMY! Warmed 10 minutes when I got home, made a salad, complete affordable, delicious dinner. Two minor drawbacks. The cheese sauce for the steak was not very flavorful, and Papa Luna's is too far away to walk in on a regular basis!!!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

The hotel recommended this place so we popped in for lunch. The gal behind the counter was very helpful in describing the choices.

Funky atmosphere with outside seating. Cheap eats with unique fillings - and watermelon juice to drink which was also surprisingly refreshing and not too sweet.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I had some time to kill while my husband was picking up some golf supplies across the street so I went into this tiny little place and tried one empanada....then I bought another because the first one was so good...do not know how the other food was but as a person who has had many empanadas and various meat pies, I must say these were very good....very good! And I think they have about 16 different flavors..I had the "Thanksgiving one" with turkey, stuffing, potatoes and cranberry sauce which came with a little container of gravy...yummy!!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Our hotel recommended this empanada shop for a light, quick lunch with our kids (teen and tween). It was a short drive from the beach located among some shops and bars on Garnet St. Not much seating, a few tables inside and 2 or so outside on a small patio. We tried the short rib and vegetarian corn & cheese with a side of sweet potato fries and a house salad. The salads and fries were very large servings and could definitely be shared.We tried the carmel apple empanada for dessert-yummy but very sweet! Would be great as a "to-go" meal for a picnic on the beach- the kids enjoyed it too!