“Superb Meal and Service!!”

Busalacchi's A Modo Mio
Ranked #753 of 5,271 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pennsylvania
Transit: Bus stop within 2 blocks. Taxi stand 2 blocks away.
Reviewed October 10, 2016

Thanks VERY much to our server Mario! The Gentleman was so pleasant, and truthfully, I had lots of questions and requests during the meal (I am Italian, from Detroit, so was having a few interesting experiences with SoCal Italian dining). The Eggplant appetizer was really prepared well! This Restaurant offers several red sauces, which was a nice change, I had run into a string of alfredo and flavored alfredo on my trip:). Great meal, sensible pricing, great staff, all of them! Mario and the table bus boys...

Reviewed September 12, 2016

There's eating and then there is DINING, when going here, especially on Wednesday 1/2 off bottles of wine...
Everything is great !!!

Reviewed September 7, 2016 via mobile

Really ended our experience from start to cheesecake. I would definitely recommend. We had the braised short rib and spaghetti carbonara which were both wonderful

Reviewed July 13, 2016 via mobile

We were looking for a nice restaurant to celebrate my husbands birthday while we were away in San Diego. Initially we were thinking of some fancy waterfront dining location but truthfully, we were underwhelmed by some of the menus at the highly rated restaurants in the area. On a suggestion from the concierge at our hotel, we made a reservation at this Gem of a restaurant and we were sooooooo glad we did. The whole experience totally exceeded our expectations! The ambiance was perfect, we sat outside despite the night being cool, there was a nice heater close to our table to warm us. The outside was decorated with greenery and privately screened from the street so as to make you feel you were in a little private backyard patio. The seating was comfortable and although there were others on the patio the music and sound was perfectly subdued for great conversation. The meal was delicious!!!!! The lobster bisque was yummy as was the risotto and the veal Marsala we had. Knowing it was my husbands birthday we were brought a complimentary dessert - chocolate lava cake- mmmmmmm! This came accompanied by our waiter singing in a deep tenor voice- happy birthday In Italian. A wonderful little treat. We finished the night with specialty coffee which capped the meal off perfectly!!!! The service we were Provided by our waiter Mario, was stellar, superior than in many fine dining restaurants I have dined in. We will definitely be returning to Busalacchi's on our next visit to San Diego. Thank you for making this dinner celebration so fantastic!

Reviewed May 3, 2016

Was headed to San Diego and found a Groupon for Busalacchi's--so I bought it. Actually made a reservation, as was headed there on a Saturday eve. Great food and service. My friend and I had a great meal and a glass of wine. Yes, it's a bit pricey for the average middle-class traveler, and I knew it was when the Groupon was for $38. It was worth it, after wandering around to several watering holes pre-dinner. The pasta just hit the spot. Would return if I am in the neighborhood!