“Funky, Fun and Friendly”
Review of Babycakes

Babycakes
Ranked #7 of 71 Bakeries in San Diego
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Great combinations of food, well-served. We had a brunch there twice, dogs in tow. Both times the wait staff was very friendly to our dogs. Moreover, the food they brought was quite tasty. In particular, the fruit "plate" they bring as a side dish is excellent. We managed to resist the cupcakes on both visits. I'm not sure we could do it a third time.

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

I went to the cafe for dessert only, so that is the only food I can comment on. I got a red velvet cupcake that ran about 5 dollars for one that is about the size of muffin. The cupcakes frostingnis made with cream cheese, so if you dont like cream cheese you probly wont like their desserts with frosting. I also got their peanut butter brownie that was rich, creamy, and moist. That was about 5 dollars too for a good sized brownie about 5 in in length1 in in width. I thought the desserts were good but not the best I have had. I will return to try the meals but I doubt Ill return because of a craving for their sweets.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

After eating breakfast and having breakfast dessert down the street we thought we couldn't fit anything more in our food holes. We were wrong. We couldn't pass a cupcake place without going in to take a peek. So glad we did. Everything looked so yummy and we couldn't decide. After probably 5 minutes of back and forth, we decided to get four and split it up and chow down. These are moist cakes and very delish. But my fave was the Pistachio cupcake. Hands down. The staff was very friendly and willing to help. I will be back. Soon.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is a restaurant (with full bar) and bakery. The desserts are very good, recently I had the banana bread pudding and it was delicious. I like this bakery more than extraordinary desserts because their desserts look AND taste good.

The service is very friendly and fast. I recently was there for brunch and had the "Mexi-omelt" it was amazing and very authentic. I don't like to have Mexican food in San Diego because I am always disappointed. This dish was competently authentic and delicious.

TIP: I also recommend this place for weeding cakes. I had my wedding cake from them and it was delicious and gorgeous.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

This place makes good, but not great, cupcakes. If you love tons of frosting, this is the place to go to.