“Hidden Gem”
Review of Isabel's Cantina

Isabel's Cantina
Reserve with OpenTable
Isabel's Cantina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #756 of 4,832 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cass
Description: At Isabel's Cantina, Chef Isabel Cruz fuses Latin and Asian cuisine into sensual and creative concoctions that are both remarkably addictive and surprisingly healthy. By incorporating ingredients from spicy pork carnitas to tofu, Chef Cruz creates a vegetarian's haven as well as a meat-lover's paradise. The exotic dining space is at once dramatic and hip, with accents such as an enormous 15-foot Buddha statue staring down at the dining room. Casual booths, stark lines, and warm colors create an atmosphere not found elsewhere in Pacific Beach, attracting crowds for brunch, lunch, and dinner.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The sign is not very visible but once inside it is an eclectic decor, noisy but obviously popular. The service was a bit slow but the food was great with good size portions.

There are newer reviews for Isabel's Cantina

Reviewed February 21, 2013

My husband and I were told this was a great place for breakfast by our hotel (Tower23) staff. We walked up a couple blocks for a late breakfast this morning and it was incredible! I can truly say I think it was the best breakfast I have experienced anywhere. I am a foodie and I appreciate well prepared and flavorful food that is different than you can get anywhere else. This place delivered! Their menu ranges from traditional bacon and eggs to Peanut butter pancakes and avocado scrambled eggs. Their homemade cinnamon bread is incredible! I highly recommend trying a couple of pieces with that along with anything else that you choose. Enjoy!

Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

I've been to this restaurant a few times before, the first couple times everything was perfect and I kept going back. This last time I went with my husband for our first valentines day as a married couple. Every high on the special menu sounded so good that we decided to order different things so we can try each others food. My husband got the cod fish & I got the steak, his cod was overcooked and the green salsa on top wasn't a very good fit for it. My steak, I asked for a medium term and I got an overcooked dry meat. I was disappointed and since this was the second time in a row having a bad experience here, we have decided not to go back.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Had several really god dinners at Isabel's Cantina. The menu has some delish choices, the fish was one of my favs! The lighting is cozy, it is abit loud and hard to hear a coversation at your own table. The only thing I would change is something to make the restaurant a bit quieter.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

The name is Isabel's Cantina now. They have great food, wine and beer. A nice restaurant that has plenty of space so you will not feel crowded. The food has Asian with Latin Fusion. Their half chicken comes a variety of ways, is fairly priced and tastes great. The have a couple of bowl dishes as well. I highly recommend this place. At Isabel's Cantina, Chef Isabel Cruz fuses sensual and creative concoctions that are both remarkably addictive and surprisingly healthy. By incorporating ingredients from spicy pork carnitas to tofu, Chef Cruz creates a vegetarian's haven as well as a meat-lover's paradise.