“Duped on "Beer Special"”
Review of Bare Back Grill

Bare Back Grill
Ranked #232 of 4,804 Restaurants in San Diego
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Grass fed organic burgers. Ground fresh daily and served with house made sauces and organic buns baked fresh daily.
Arizona
“Duped on "Beer Special"”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

A bar atmosphere with outdoor seating, as well as indoor seating. The burgers are reasonably priced and tasty, but they do not come with a side. We ordered sweet potato fries on the side and were given regular fries. By the time they brought the sweet potato fries, we'd eaten our burgers. We also ordered their specialty local beer which was on special, but were told later by our server that what we had drank was only Michelob Ultra because they had run out of the specialty brew. Disappointed that we were "duped". Despite the burgers, I don't think we'll be returning to this joint.

Visited July 2012

Toledo, Ohio
“Funky Fun Food in SD”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Although somewhat pricey, the Bareback Grill was a fun family time and good food - my daughter would say it was the best. The atmosphere is definitely New Zealand surfer, but then again, that is what they are shooting for. The beer list was impressive with lots of new and interesting things to try. If you are in the neighborhood, check it out!

Encinitas, CA
“Meal wasn't much to write home about and service was just flat out poor.”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I came here with my husband and our good guy friend. The place is not very big in regards to being able to seat a lot of people. The bar staff were friendly, but our waitress did not once look me in the eye, or even look at me, period (ok, maybe only once when I was ordering). I am not the kind of female that requires attention or a lot of maintenance, and I do not get jealous that easily; this review is strictly about the professionalism of service staff. When you are serving a table with one female guest surrounded by many males, it's only courteous to acknowledge the lady. It really was a turn off.

The food was greasy and I did not even eat half of my fish and chips. My husband's burger was tasteless (his words), and our friend's lamb burger was greasy and he was not really impressed. The only thing this place had going for it was that they served Julian hard cider.

So if the waitress that served us is looking for the rest of her tip, here it is:
Make friends with the ladies at your tables; they just may have more pull on what the guys end up paying! ;o)

Here's another tip for free:
If you're going to flirt with the guys, at least laugh with the gals as well; that way everyone's included in the fun.

Walnut Creek, California
“Great Burgers!”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Check out the Sheila's Cracked burger with Egg and Edam Cheese! if you are really hungry the double version is called Big Bare and Dirty! Great beer list too - I enjoyed Allagash White.

Visited July 2012
Norway
“The best burger of my life”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Informal atmosphere, obviously the surfers hang out. Great selection of beers, and really, really outstanding burgers. They also have friendly, helpful staff, so this place is highly recommended to anyone who appreciates a great burger!